Clarification on Brutosaur availability on BMAH

last i heard on the longboi since the removal off the vendor is that it would be on the bmah starting at 5 mill gold, but this was before SL went live, whether that means it is shown on bmah as an actual listing like other items or if its from the unclaimed box i dont actually know of.

whats also weird is that when the longboi was removed from the vendor so was its matching battle pet, ben’fon. Im not sure how one can or if getting benfon is possible anymore, nor do i know if its even cageable to be sold on the normal Auction House.

1 Like

It has been a normal listing on the BMAH plenty of times during Shadowlands.

Of course, now we are awaiting confirmation on whether or not it will remain a normal listing IN ADDITION to also being included in the Unclaimed Black Market Container.

1 Like

Lil’ Ben’fon is still available for purchase from the vendor, Happy Holaua.

Same way you always made him available for purchase. You just have to do the quest ( Monstrous Matchmaker ) to unlock him at the vendor.

He is cageable.

5 Likes

ah thanks Kyz, this toon didnt play BFA as it was Shadowlands boost so i dont have a single bfa quest completed i dont think, il have to check on one of my other toons probably my 50 elf huntress that i mained in bfa an see if ic an get it off the vendor on that toon.

in any regard thanks for the infos.

3 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

Just wanted to clarify this and the reason the tongues are wagging.

Someone on the GD said a website (not Wowhead) has been tracking Longboi and claim they haven’t seen him for months on any sever. Then the guy from GD also claimed he opened a ticket and the GM said it’s only found in the container now.

We would like to know, please, if this is the truth or we’re being had.

p.s. If this turns out to be true, this is a big “shame on you” moment for Blizzard. The first time we found out Longboi was going extinct was from Wowhead posting an article that said the AH NPC was missing then a player making a thread about it on the forums. Then we had a blue say “yeah it’s true.”

It would be really great if you didn’t do this to the players again.

(You = Blizz, not you personally, Kal)

1 Like

Press 1 for doubt.

That would be considered a game hint, something GMs are specifically forbidden from sharing.

3 Likes

To jump on this: GMs ain’t known to just say ‘Yeah, this was given X% to drop’ or ‘This is where you get X’. More to the point, General forum isn’t known for saying the most useful/truthful things at times.

1 Like

To play Devil’s Advocate, the screenshot in question never showed a confirmation either way.

All it showed was the GM saying they could not find any additional information regarding changes to the availability of the Bruto on the BMAH (other than the recent hotfix in question). So basically, neither confirming nor denying whether it can be outside of the Container.

Of course, there is a disclaimer. We have no proof of the authenticity of the screenshot in question. It has seemed to have changed hands a few times.

3 Likes

While the OP of that thread is not the person that opened that ticket, the response in the screenshot does appear to be from our support team.

However, the Game Master in that screenshot essentially said ‘the only info available is what was stated in the hotfix notes’. This is generally because GMs do not provide game hints, and providing something other than what is stated in the hotfix blog would likely be considered a hint.

That response seems to have been taken as “it’s only available in the container” which is not how I would have interpreted the GM here.

Regardless, I don’t think we need to speculate further right now. I’m still waiting to hear back from the feelers I put out yesterday. I’ll update this thread once I have info to provide.

13 Likes

Trust me when I say that one of the other threads (that has since been 404’d), all of this had been explicitly pointed out. But it was also buried quickly into the debate of why it was created if they wanted to remove it, how it was removed (no matter who reported it first, it was still available for nearly a year from the time of the announcement), and all of the typical idiocy. Myself and a few others tried to point out that it said nowhere that it was removed. It was just a hot mess and I finally just had to leave it. Though I am watching here to see what comes of it.

1 Like

I received word back -

When the mount was removed from the vendor, it was added to rotation in the BMAH. The hotfix update on July 14th is intended only to add the mount to the container as well.

So now the mount could show up on its own or as loot dropped from the container.

At this time, it all appears to be working as intended :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Thank you so much Kalviery!

4 Likes

Thanks Kalviery for the great support.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the update.

2 Likes

clicks for clear answer!

1 Like

ive noticed since the july 14 hotfix to add it to the unclaimed box as a potential drop, it hasn’t shown up as a stand alone item since then on both EU and NA AFAIK. ive taked to EU BMAH community workers, and myself who checks over 30 low pop realms every day + TSM and Since that hotfix we havent seen a single bruto appear.

Is it possible there is a Bug associated with the recent change that is preventing it from appearing ?
last recorded Bruto appearence on EU was 9th of july before the hotfix.

(edit: i play on NA)

thank you :slight_smile:

If you think there is a bug on EU realms, you’d need to report it on the EU bug report forums, or in-game.

3 Likes

It was actually posted the other day in my post on /r/woweconomy that someone had recently seen it on EU and it went for gold cap.

Saw the mount for gold cap on an eu server a week and a half ago

2 Likes

Well it’s been about 3 and a half months since the bug was repored and yet still no bruto on either NA or EU realms. as for “its rng you never know when it will pop up” ok how do you explain rng on every wow server not having one show up in that ammount of time. as for kalviery’s response " The hotfix update on July 14th is intended only to add the mount to the container as well" “At this time, it all appears to be working as intended” it is clearly not working as intended :frowning: no ammount of bug reports / forum posts seem to get anything fixed sadly.