Chronicles 4 Spoiler Thread

Yeah, I guess there could be a organ donor like situation where during life someone fills a form or some kind of registration where they accept being raised into undeath once they die. But I guess this would remove sort of the edge of the forsaken that forsaken players like.

There is also the whole thing that the resurrecion into undeath that the forsaken went trough requires consent from the dead person’s spirit.

I’m late to respond to this, but this was always the case. I feel like there’s a collective amnesia going on regarding this detail.

Oculeth, using the same “Vision of Time” Garrosh used preceding the events of Warlords of Draenor, facilitated the chronomancy/telemancy necessary to reach the AU Mag’har.

5 Likes

I completely forgot about that part. I guess the Bronze Dragonflight involvement just stood out more in my mind.

4 Likes

I think Oculet only used a shard of the Vision of Time that Eitrigg found that allowed us to reach the AU Mag’har and recruit them. But it’s been a while since I did the recruitment scenario

Not that it really matters much.

…because it’s honestly just a much bigger part of the quest. oculeth’s involvement, compared to anachronos, is fairly slim. it’s not that he does nothing, but literally the first thing he does when you ask him for help is say “this is above my pay grade and outside my wheelhouse”

2 Likes

The forsaken being a playable faction is first and foremost a huge mistake.

But I also believe that in regards to the elven races.

1 Like

That is one of the opinions ever.

It definitely is… I am a spicy one.

But really, if you put some thought into the storytelling of WoW and its factions.

The forsaken only thrives on war, they need dead people to repopulate.

The elves are supposed to be power houses.

Having either of them in a faction was the biggest mistake ever made, because it ruined what either of these two was supposed to actually be, because they had to work in the overarching story.

It was a huge mistake from a storytelling perspective, and that is why you can’t always just have something playable.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that Aethas stumbled across Fanlyr and a few other Sunreavers having just finished using Dalaran’s portal network to steal the Divine Bell and he chastised them for breaching Dalaran’s neutrality. Unfortunately, one of Garrosh’s orc thugs was present and he got right in Aethas’s face growling something along the lines of “If you know what’s good for you and your people, you WILL turn around and walk away!”

Aethas was thus caught between a rock and a hard place. If he had told Jaina what had happened, then Garrosh would have known who blew the whistle on him. So Aethas took a chance and “looked the other way” hoping that if in the event Jaina caught on, then her wrath would be less severe than Garrosh’s.

At worst, Aethas was an incompetent leader. At best, he was a somewhat competent leader who was caught in an unfortunate circumstance.

5 Likes

It never happened in game, so I am not really counting it. But yes, I heard the same.

But I am going off on Jaina’s own words. She directly accuses Aethas, and she specifically accuses Aethas of ‘turning a blind eye’ which implies he was not directly involved. And regardless, that is a very DIRECT accusation. She immediately implied she already knew what happened, and what had happened was him turning a blind eye, aka, not being involved. If she was just suspicious of Sunreaver activity, wouldn’t she have accused him of actually being involved instead?

Something was very wrong in the whole story. Blizzard ducked up big time with the entire Purge of Dalaran storyline.

But that is just blizzard and their writing team being incompetent.

5 Likes

I mean for me, its just neccesary and so it doesn’t matter how moral it is, cause the other option is a slow extinction.

what.

That “”“large development”“” is just getting married.
That’s it.
Genn puts Lor’themar in his place, he says yes sir.
Then Lor’themar does not meet up with Kael’thas, despite Blizzard having promised Horde players it would happen.
Thalyssra remarks that it is utterly impossible for five horde heroes (+Zul/Talanji) and the player character to defeat Jaina. “WE CAN’T DEFEAT HER!” Zul confirms this is true.
Then, Thalyssra asks Jaina for magical advice re: floating ships and sylvanas’s dark magic.

That’s it.
That’s the grand summation of their “”“large development”“” which you lied about.

4 Likes

Mother father literally tried to compare npc radius text with actual expansion A Story lines.
Jesus wept.

2 Likes

Maybe because i find those much more interesting to read. I am way more engaged in the dynamics lor’themar and thalyssra had in 8.2 than anything Shandris and Jaina had.

Keep throwing personal insults, calling opinions lies, you’re just acting like a Jerk.

I think he’s calling the claim that Lor’themar and Thalsyraa had large development over the years a lie.

Which, they really didn’t have that much development if you think about it. Outside of being married I guess? Not that anyone would actually know that if they hadn’t read their short story

4 Likes

I see lor’themar rising to a competent leader over the course of WoW, and thalyssra had plenty development in legion, but also had bridged the gap with Shandris.

I see these as character development momments that other characters lacked. Gelbin did a lot of things, but he is basically the same from vanilla.

For instance I see Maiev having more development than anduin, and she has been mostly off screen.

Dreadmoore just likes to insult people, thats who he is.

4 Likes

No.
Stopping you right there.

I am the biggest non belf-main player Lor’themar fanboy on this forum.
Lor’themar rose to leadership status in Mists of Pandaria.
I wanted him as Warchief over Vol’jin.
He earned Warchief over Vol’jin.

He did not do that in Legion.
He did not do that in BFA.
He did not do that in Shadowlands.
He did not do that in Dragonflight.

You.
Lied.

2 Likes

The only good thing I got out of this book is that the Horde cleared the Blackrock Foundry which was the back bone of the Iron Horde. And all the Alliance cleared were a bunch of magic Ogres.

The Alliance got to kill two of the Warlords(Zaela and Ner’zhul). Prevent the genesaur from invading Azeroth and saved Stormwind from being destroyed by Zaela’s “drop an Iron Star to cause a cataclysmic explosion” plan.

Pretty sure the Alliance did its part.

I am here engaging in an honest discussion on these forums, you keep throwing personal insults, if you disagree with me tell me i am wrong and how i am wrong, top calling me a liar, stop acting like a jerk.

You are just convincing me that you’re not a decent human being worth talking to.

9 Likes