Chronicles 4 Spoiler Thread

Well… She did have Cenarius with Malorne… So It really isn’t impossible.

But I doubt it is the case, maybe she is one level above them.

Also, a question for whoever has the book, what does it say about the burning of teldrassil, in terms of casualties and general tragedy? Any new light on that?

If nobody answers, I’ll take a look when I get home from work in a hour or so

It says verbatim, “untold kaldorei and gilnean refugees died in the conflagration.”

Countless. No definitive amount.

It does say there were survivors who fled to Azuremist Isle as well as Stormwind. It seems like they may use “most of the survivors fled to Azuremist” to retcon the few survivors that made it to Stormwind, to negate the idea that the night elves were “wiped out.”

3 Likes

Gilnean refugees? Seriously?
I do remember this awful pre-patch were gilneans were burned alongside the night elves.
If i remember well in Elegy, it was said that the gilneans were evacuated first and then the night elves.
I noticed this when i had to reread this book in Shadowland.

I though that’s why since the burning of Tel Drassil, the worgens were NEVER mentionned as casualties in the game, only the night elves.

And now they changed it back? At the end of DF? Chronicle IV is more and more of a fan fiction than a serious work…

Elegy has worgens managing to fully evacuate. The ingame events show otherwise. So this was always a toss up:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Darnassian_Citizen

The thing is that only those who were at this event could remember that gilneans burned alongside the night elves…or are captured at Lor’danel… or that we had survivors night elves who washed up on the beaches of Darkshore after the burning… or that Malfurion made Sylvanas to bend the knee before him…

Elegy and the fact that in game the worgens were never mentionned nor shown as casualties make everyone else to think that effectively, the gilneans were spared.
It’s even more obvious in Shadowland as all the souls of those burned at Tel Drassil are exclusively Night elves.

And now all of a sudden, we have a supposed lore book telling me that there was gilneans who died at Tel Drassil as well?
Frankly it infuriates me because it means that not only my favorite race was victim of the Burning of Tel Drassil… and that the devs completely ignored this fact to take care of the night elves only?

For my sanity i will consider that Elegy is the true canon regarding this event as it matchs far more how the story played out during BfA et SL.
The more i heard about Chronicle IV, the more i see that its authors wrote their headcanon rather than checking the facts.

Take a look at this: https://x.com/PlatinumWoW654/status/1813355235072782592
They even broke the fourth wall! In a lore book!

3 Likes

Chronicles is yet another alliance feels good book because they always have to be right about everything.

4 Likes

I hope she didn’t.

Not in Elegy when the book implied that the fight was more or less even.
In the prepatch you had Malfurion standing before Sylvanas at 100% HP and the banshee on one knee at 50% HP.
No need to be a genius to guess what it implied.

I have yet to receive the French translation (will happen in 3 month) but from what i read here, i don’t like to see the Alliance being sanitized either.
Even if the Alliance is mostly good, there should be some dirty deeds to not make this faction unidimensionnal.
Same for the Horde.

The more i learned about this book, the more i think that this is the canon of an alternate timeline rather than our timeline.

1 Like

I prefer the A Good War canon where she bounces him through the forest like he’s a basketball.

Right before Saurfang puts an axe in his back.

3 Likes

Thrall did not cheat in the Mak’gora, Garrosh let him use everything.

13 Likes

funny if true

It is indeed true.
h ttps://imgur.com/a/lZp5wTb

1 Like

Who would Garrosh be to tell the orcs that the gods of orcs were wrong to choose to empower Thrall, anyway?
Political sudoku.

The gods of the Orcs suck. Without the Naaru thing in Outland the spirits would have faded to the Shadowlands.

The orcs have Gods?

1 Like

No. WoW’s orcs do not. Not that any were ever mentioned or hinted at. Warhammer Orks do though.

2 Likes

Orks in DND have a god yes but they aren’t playable only half orcs are sadly. And elven leaders need to nuance between Archfey and the Seldarine.

A wolf, but I was specifically speaking about the elementals who are their gods.

1 Like

You’re thinking of Lo’gosh, aka Goldrinn.