Chronicles 4 Spoiler Thread

Here is the problem with your analogy. I’m not related to blizzard writing in any way, If I was in a position of power to dictate the story and lore and let someone butcher it, I would be responsible for it as well, even if I didnt directly write that.

Jaina used her powers as head of state to give the silver covenant freedom to do what they wanted with the Sunreavers, so any stepping out of bondaries they did she would be responsible.

8 Likes

Seems pretty obvious, it was an easy way to show “good guy” Alliance, willing to put the greater good of the world ahead even if it means they were going to be tactically behind because of it.

Two storylines can work. They just didn’t put in the necessary effort in that case.

4 Likes

I think some people owe Lady Proudmoore some apologies, considering how Chronicles IV closed the case: the Sunreavers were guilty.

2 Likes

Nope, cause she is still responsible for the actions of the people she gave sanction to

10 Likes

The sharks were hungry, someone had to feed them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

She didnt “sanction” them to go and outright murder people. No more then Aethas sanctioned Sunreavers for helping Garrosh.

Nope, just ordered the people who have always wanted to outright murder those people to go and “round up” those people.

As opposed to a person who had 0 involvement in the planning and execution of the plan you keep trying to pin on him.

6 Likes

She ordered them to exile them. That was it.

The guy clearly knew(or better yet learned by Thunder Isles) that Sunreavers did help Garrosh. And from what happend in Thunder Isles he never mentioned it to Lother’mar of all people.

No jaina gave an order to vereesa, Who she knew was part of a hate group and is thus responsible for the actions of that group she charged whether she knew what they would do or not, Aethas was given no order by garrosh and had no knowledge of the plan and so is free of guilt

5 Likes

And “them” was a group with a big chip on their shoulder about the group she ordered to be ethnically cleansed from their homes. What could possibly go wrong there.

So, again, he, and the Sunreaver organization had no involvement in the plan. So, what, after Jaina killed his guards for standing there on alert and drove his people from Dalaran he should be doing what for her?

5 Likes

They recategorized the Chronicles series as only another “perspective” on this universe years ago.

Purge discourse, at least insofar as I’ve ever cared to engage with it, is about whether a wholesale population purge was the correct response to Jaina’s suspicions of treason. That Garrosh’s blood elf agents in Sunreaver tabards were, shockingly, Sunreavers (I’ve never argued otherwise) changes that not at all.

If anything, our narrator hones in on her decision to punish the many for the actions of the few and waxes lyrical of the “innocent blood elves” caught up in the carnage. It’s no more an exoneration of Jaina than it is a condemnation of the Sunreavers.

11 Likes

So since the Alliance is holy, pure, and can do no wrong, and everyone else needs to atone in their eyes, shall we start calling them like Sister Jaina, Brother Anduin, Father Turalyon and such? That’s definitely the direction we’re heading in anyways. Pretty sure the next Chronicles will be something about making bread and parting the seven seas to reunite the world together under the love and light of his holiness Anduin.

9 Likes

Jaina commissioned the Silver Covenant to kill them for her.
She knew of their racism.
Everyone did.
Vereesa openly bragged about it to the Alliance player.
Jaina is absolutely as guilty.

Cope/seethe.

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

8 Likes

I wish ppl would actually play Horde before saying stupid stuff like this.

11 Likes

“The players elected Sylvanas.”
Son, the players didn’t even swear the blood oath of the Horde to her.

12 Likes

Alliance players really did just have no clue how the horde operated, it wasen’t a democracy

14 Likes

I don’t think they even play Alliance.

5 Likes

I’m a little sad that the allied races only got a summary, would’ve loved to have seen some more lore on all of them.

Kinda wish they recalled other moments in the lore as well as they clearly recall and enjoy the Anduin > Wrathion punch.

So uh the Alliance was trying to appease the Horde (even after it commited genocide) by not asking to give any lands back.

That means by signing the armistice, the night elves would’ve agreed to give up their lands to their Horde.

This makes the Alliance look like a bigger joke than it already was and makes the night elves 100% right not to sign the armistice, unlike what some victim blamers had to say about it in the past.