Chronicles 4 Spoiler Thread

No he couldn’t, because he says up to about two quests from the end of the chain that he has no idea what she’s up to. Even if Azsuna comes first, and even if the Alliance finding the document is canonized, Genn Greymane apparently hasn’t heard about it per his own words.

3 Likes

Unless someone posts something concrete from Chronicles that states a correct leveling order, his word is irrelevant. A map of the Broken Isles doesn’t prove anything

SECRET TRENG — Today at 5:19 PM
@Portergauge is it true that they made azsuna first in legion and if so, did they canonize the alliance finding the stuff about sylvanas’s ship, and retcon genn acting out of self interest
Portergauge — Today at 5:24 PM
nothing about that is mentioned

2 Likes

I got my Chronicles 4 book. I’ll take a look at it later :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

(I love Amazon. Ordered it and literally got it 5 minutes later :dracthyr_hehe_animated:)

3 Likes

This list will just keep growing as people pick it apart, I feel.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/World_of_Warcraft:_Chronicle_Volume_4#Retcons_and_inconsistencies

Edit: Updated July 26, 2024.

15 Likes

You mean Uu’nat right? Defeating Uu’nat is what allows the horde to claim the dagger, not N’zoth.

2 Likes

Incase you’re curious, the legion leveling order does appear to be Azsuna, Highmountain, Stormheim and then Val’sharah. At least that was the order the pages covering the Pillars of Creation went in.

So, he was correct after all it seems. Had to look for myself just to double check :dracthyr_nod:

And as I mentioned before, Taran Zhu is somehow on the Isle of Thunder leading the Shado-pan against Lei Shen and nearly died from being choked by Shan Bu… but also in the Vale fighting Garrosh and nearly dying due to being impaled on Gorehowl.

Unless the Pandarian have somehow managed to master cloning technology… it doesn’t make sense.

Garrosh: Taran Zhu, how did you get to the Vale so quickly?
Taran Zhu: Uh… how did I Taoshi?
Taoshi: Well, you got me. By all accounts, it doesn’t make sense.

15 Likes
3 Likes

I’d argue this is more a mistake than an inconsistency but these books are oddly averse to naming supporting characters. Wild that we got a Purge of Dalaran recap with no word on Aethas.

5 Likes

Other inconsistencies not mentioned in that article:

• In the art, Highkeeper Ra-den is pictured with the Mogu-made shackles that Lei Shen put on him, despite it being a depiction of a time when he was not enslaved.
  • Garrosh has the tusks of Mannoroth and Gorehowl in his depiction on Draenor, despite having lost both on Azeroth.
9 Likes

Wait, Uldir is Alliance? The raid that had Alliance players saying “We have no connection to this story, so why are we even going here?” That Uldir?

That’s right up there with Sunwell for “WTF-ness.”

15 Likes

Uldir is worded in such a way that it appears champions from both the Horde and Alliance took down G’huun. Brann’s only regret was that without the blood god to distract the zandalari, King Rakastan would be able to wage war on the alliance. Which he did when he and Talanji pledged the Golden Fleet to the Horde

Brann and the alliance champions are the ones who convinced M.O.T.H.E.R to travel to the Chamber of the Heart and help out.

4 Likes

Well gee, if it was that easy, you’d think they could have done that for Sunwell Plateau … :frowning: (grumbles) .

8 Likes

Yeah my first reading of it came to a negative one, that is the Alliance getting the kill for G’huun but after rereading it, it does state a both faction clear of Uldir.

h ttps://imgur.com/a/NGpn6XF

3 Likes

based canonising that it was varians men

4 Likes

Why did the Alliance down G’huun, they had zero ties to that raid, and it’s pretty much the shining beacon as to why two storylines doesn’t work in this game.

Thjey did it with the Horde, but why was the Alliance involved at all?
Because MOTHER was there, and she’s part of the main story for BFA, so they had to be because Blizzard only writes for the Alliance.

6 Likes

That does make it worse, they were supposed to be at war and hadn’t gotten to the obligatory “war’s dumb actually, let’s beat up bigger Jaws” part for the fiftieth time since 2002.

6 Likes

Chronicles says it was because when the Alliance setup base in Nazmir, to try and recruit the blood trolls, Brann found out about G’huun escaping his prison when Mithrax destroyed the final seal at the end of Zandalar questing.