Chronicles 4 Spoiler Thread

It’s one of the better retcons. I really wish I had the money to buy the book this month so I can see and read the passages myself. Because with how you described the layout, looks like blizz went with the Faction and than story because it had so much to cover, instead of laying out which faction did what like the chronicle books normally do.

1 Like

Except, the Alliance accepted undead anyway in Wrath, so their grievances have been invalid since Wrath, since the Alliance quite clearly does accept undead.

1 Like

Heck, Varian got lost due to his attempted peace with the Horde. Which at that point would have included the Forsaken.

But this story beat is about pre-vanilla so, so what

1 Like

We can only hope. The alternative is that they met with no one, but commandeered a ship or a wreck, and sailed it themselves to Stormwind.

If you message me on the bird app (I refuse to call it X) i can send you screengrabs.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the BfA timeline changes at all, I have to assume they’re a mistake or something. The sequence of events in game doesn’t exactly leave… wiggle room, at all.

Alliance explicitly sends Jaina to Kul Tiras to try and get the fleet into the mix, to counter the Golden Fleet, which did Golden Fleet things to a ton of Alliance ships sent to chase Talanji after she escaped from Stormwind.

The timeline was such that the two fleets never even got the chance to clash. The book states now that the Alliance side story happened before the Horde side, which doesn’t make any sense at all, as Jaina would have zero reason to go to Kul Tiras. The entire launch storyline was getting ships to counter the other guys’ ships so they wouldn’t have total control over the sea.

MoP’s timeline also makes very little sense, we take a portal directly from Sha of Pride to the ships. Vol’jin’s Rebellion has already started, Garrosh himself says ‘they are no longer part of MY horde’ in the preview cutscene. Throne of Thunder and Siege happening so close together also doesn’t make sense, there’s a very clear passage of time (which we all know well because Remix is literally happening as we speak).

Other changes and such, added names, yeah, sure, fine, but the timeline stuff is baffling on an Exploring Kalimdor level…

14 Likes

I do not believe Warcraft has been made better by these books.

13 Likes

If you feel the timeline appears to be rather screwy, there are two possibilities:

One, those who have received the book already and are kind enough to share what they’ve read are paraphrasing and speed-reading so quickly in order to answer questions that there may be a bit of a game of telephone going on.

The Second, and much more likely is the fact that just like Exploring Kalimdor, this book was handed off to someone who was just told to fill in the details by perusing the non-official wikis, or worse yet, just looking at the current state of the content in the game and just writing about what they saw.

You have to remember, to shareholders there’s nothing anyone can say to justify an employee who basically just sits around and keeps track of the company’s “fiction.” Lorekeepers aren’t necessary because the company’s loyal customers will do that for free, so just have Paul in Quest Design use Chromie and play through certain expansions again and then write what he saw.

6 Likes

Honestly at this point the play might as well be assuming in-game stuff trumps any and all canon therein, at least going Dragonflight onward. I don’t know who they’ve got writing their lore books now but Chronicle and Exploring have gone from “oh, that’s a neat little plot hole filled” to “does this person even play the game?” in the last while.

6 Likes

Leonidas defied a scale conquest. Stormwind blew their chances to regain their foothing in Lordaeron. Talk about braindead.

1 Like

I think it’s just that people are eager to get spoilers out there, so they’re paraphrasing things out of order to beat everyone else to the punch.

But that’s just me be optimistic at this juncture

2 Likes

Not really. After reading the Uldir leak I am fully inclined that Blizzard is reframing BFA as next big Alliance expansion to hype up TWW.

3 Likes

Oh I’m sure you must be very informed about that topic. :grin:

Oh, could someone please tell me how the Mop timeline is compressed?

I am ancient history student Bachelor so yes. Leonidas defended greece. There wasn’t a war with the alliance when Sylvanas looked for allies.

Yeah, you’re most likely right . But you know, I try to be hopeful. Keeps me sane :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

Hope is a luxury. Only an idiot would keep giving Blizzard money after 10 years of slander.

1 Like

……

Ok

/10 char

The heck you think everything after Cataclysm was?

1 Like