Chromie Fairytales and Fable SPOILER

I like how if it weren’t for that HotS quote Blizz could have played this up like it had been intended all along, and was never a naming error.

2 Likes

The retcon itself isn’t bad, it’s the reasoning behind it which is to push an agenda. The story is about dragons picking different forms and if Chromie were cisfemale the story wouldn’t be any different. This is something Blizzard has been pressing since Shadowlands and it doesn’t feel like something that has come about naturally. It’s the same reason why I support Qadarin and Thiernax but not FlynnShaw because the former is an original creation made by the writers themselves while the latter is a fanship the writers went with to make themselves look better. It doesn’t feel genuine.

9 Likes

“If a character isn’t a straight white guy they need a special narrative reason to justify their existence” is another classic one to add to the bingo card, good catch.

Nobody tell her that all stories have agendas and messages they are trying to impart to the reader.

21 Likes

“I don’t agree with this person so they’re a bigot!”

13 Likes

6 Likes

Why are all the transphobes always Alliance

1 Like

Oh, that’s neat that they sort of canonized the fan theory that Chromie was Trans.

It doesn’t mean much or change much to me - but if people are happy, or identify with Chromie’s journey, I am glad for it. Obviously, there will be people upset for a number of reasons, but their position is less sympathetic.

People who don’t feel represented finding some representation in the journey of fictional characters can help them relate to the lore. So, that sounds good to me.

I honestly wonder why people are upset other than bigotry. The Game and lore is often “T for Teen” material. Decapitation, forced procreation, genocide, and using the remains of the slaughtered to construct roads is part of the lore. Why are Trans characters suddenly triggering people?

Ah well.

22 Likes

I resent that.

You main Horde, doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Meh, completely needless retcon done so they can score social brownie points. Not impressed.

8 Likes

Shaw has been hinted at as being gay since vanilla, when it was implied he had a relationship with Van Cleef. Flynn showed attraction to women, and not attraction to men, but bisexuality exists so him also liking men isn’t a problem. I doubt Flynn would have been put in a relationship with a man if people didn’t ship those two though. Regardless, I’m giving my opinion on the matter since it regards what the topic is about. I don’t put much importance on what other people think and those who do should chill out.

4 Likes

Exceptions exist but *gestures to thread *

does this one count as “pushed down my throat” because they mentioned an agenda or does having an agenda warrant it’s own bingo space?

And Chronormu has had a beard and male abbreviation to the end of her name and yet presented as a female gnome. The lore always existed.

2 Likes

A single, small passage confirming something that the playerbase has been asking about for years without changing the characters personality or how they act, and somehow that’s pushing a bad agenda. Get off your bigoted horse, honestly. LGBTQ+ is normal. It showing up in games is normal. Representation is good. If you feel like it isn’t, then you really need to get with the times.

12 Likes

Considering beards that probably means the Infinite Dragon Timecap’n Hooktail is biologically male despite taking a female form and(presumably since I wasn’t listening to the audio for the Broker Dungeon) maintaining a female voice for his crew.

If I recall correctly, there was one troll poster who apparently got really angry over the Zandalari marriage in Shadow’s Rising because something something tribal society something something population breeding. I heard he posted a huge rant on his realm forums but it was unfortunately deleted before anybody got to take a screenshot of it. But I heard it was quite :eyes:

9 Likes

I’m not well versed in draconic secondary characteristics but I don’t think the presence of reptilian beards is a good indicator of a dragon’s gender. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nice a trans Kul Tiran infinite dragon pirate

Yes it’s a retcon. It’s far from the worse, and it’s a positive one since it reestablishes dragon culture.

Yes, it’s an attempt at diversity. Blizzard has been pushing lgbt+ representation after years of criticism. https://www.wowhead.com/news/show-your-pride-with-blizzard-pride-apparel-now-on-gear-store-322291

They’re also making money off of it.

As a comic book fan and lurker of social media, there are far worse ways of advocating inclusion.

An activist is someone that wants to add ramps to a building.

A sjw wants to remove stairs.

These are ramps. Ramps are good.

3 Likes