Chromie Fairytales and Fable SPOILER

1. I am glad this is canon BUT I thought HoTS confirmed she was female?
  2. why is lore like this in a book about fairytales! Its thematically annoying for me.
5 Likes

its a story about dragons rite of passage

I mean that is my point. I thought the book was about folklore, meaning things people believed in but not neccesarily true.

9 Likes

Most poke comments by the characters in Heroes of the Storm are sarcastic or jokes. Donā€™t take the Heroes of the Storm poke comments seriously especially since they casually break the fourth wall unlike WoW poke comments.

1 Like

Chromie has been confirmed as cisfemale for a long time, by I believe Metzen himself, and Iā€™m fine with her being trans as itā€™s something Iā€™ve always thought matched well with her unusual naming convention but this is an outright retcon made just because people want more representation. Itā€™s blatantly obvious.

22 Likes

Itā€™s weird that this is in a book called Fairytales and Fables (the Vereesa thing also being in this book is weird) but good for you Chromie.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve decided everything in this book is canon now since Chromie is trans and Anā€™she is thus confirmed.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been getting the feeling recently that many of the stories in this book arenā€™t actually fairytales and fables, with the mermaid story possibly being the only one of its kind. More dragon lore is nice though and I hope Kalec has an interesting reason for wanting to be half-Elf.

1 Like

Its funny that it reads like a childrens book and that it is part of a 12+ game, Then again WoW has Breeding references and decapitated orc heads etc as well as other stuff that is quite controversial and dark.

That said they kinda avoid the trans area alot with people like Pelagos and Chromie.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a fantasy universe, they donā€™t have to go that much into detail about it.

1 Like

Donā€™t need surgery when you have the Crest of Ascension and Magical Dragon Titan Powers

1 Like

I suppose. I just dont find the discussion of gender identity to be fit for a childrens game.

10 Likes

I was being called sexuality based slurs and racial slurs in elementary school; kids pick things up quick from their parents lol

18 Likes

And I was called ugly and fat.

1 Like

If the gender agenda unfolds, then Chromie can be jailed for a party in DnD. And she will play the dragon. The male dragon plays the female gnome, which plays the male dragon. Yes.

She is female, sheā€™s trans/gender fluid.

1 Like

Hah! I was called that in middle school. Behold my privilege!

1 Like

This thread is bound to bring out peopleā€™s political viewsā€¦ :popcorn:

Itā€™s a topic about transgenderism which is kinda political in itself.

1 Like

Alextrasza was full on R-worded as a PoW and you think Chronormu wanting to present as a girl gnome is too much for a 14+ franchise?

27 Likes