Checking-In (Forum Lounge for Chatting)

I put grated cheese in coleslaw, am I naughty ?

1 Like

I make my own. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You are. Crumbled goes a little bit better than grated. What cheese you adding?

1 Like

It’s just cheddar grated from the block.

1 Like

I regret being from Florida then Georgia, then Colorado, then back to Florida, now South Carolina. I’d kill to be outta South Carolina

If it’s your very last ingredient. Cheese otherwise added to slaw gets soggy. Because of water content.

3 Likes

That’s good to know actually

2 Likes

Always think about your veggies. Those high in leaf content are high in water. Those in root content are high in starch. Things like broccoli and cauliflower are high in both. Squash are usually high in water but have good fiber.

3 Likes

You’re making me want to make coleslaw, stop it, lol

2 Likes

You should try fried cabbage as a side dish. Simple yummy. Better if you fry it in bacon fat but olive oil is healthier.

4 Likes

I’m Ukranian, Hungarian and Polish. Fried cabbage is a staple of life. :grin:

3 Likes

Lithuanian, Irish, Bohemian. There is not a day where cabbage and potatoes and root stock is not part of my daily identity.

4 Likes

Irish dominantly, 25% Italian, French, German and Scottish

2 Likes

You at least get some pasta :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t get enough

2 Likes

You should try some of the other radishes and cabbage. I have extended my kitchen trifold by trying those. Kalarabi, Turnips those were all European, but there are other roots.

3 Likes

I’d love to but my stupid Italian ancestry is making me crave Latin dishes

2 Likes

I mean layer your priorities and buy what is available locally to you. Ya know dip into it. I bet you won’t be disappointed.

3 Likes

I’m a foodie I can eat whatever my mouth touches

2 Likes

Not sure how available it is outside of the southwest, but this sounds like nopales would be right in your wheelhouse.

2 Likes