Checking-In (Forum Lounge for Chatting)

I have to work tomorrow so I don’t wanna sleep. lol wish I could stop time for a week.

Where is Chromie when you need her?

2 Likes

Bruh

I haven’t had apple sauce in years.

This is true.

This is also true.

I like mild winters, but I do love the appeal of a snow-capped mountain and boreal forest with the coziest cabin…

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing Boston in the nearish future. I love the photos and the things I read about the city. Such an industrial and shipping/trade power house upon its birth. Are there any really old places you recommend seeing that aren’t complete tourist traps? Off the beaten path stuff?

2 Likes

Played a lil too much ff7 rebirth. Love the game. I just forgot to eat so I got a hunger headache. So, break time.

Was trying to get Tifa as my Gold Saucer date and I got Aerith. ( There’s technically two dates but looking at the options I picked. I think I accidentally picked a few too many good options talking to her lol. Look if I have to be mean to Aerith , it ain’t happening )

3 Likes

Me either but I got some to just have in the cup OR to mix with pancake mix instead of an egg so I can make cinnamin pancakes :smiley:

2 Likes

Apple butter. Addiction manifested in real time.

2 Likes

I prefer the original, can’t go wrong with the OG. Is this about apple sauce?

1 Like

I think apple butter has been around for a long time. Apples pureed mixed with butter, sugar or honey and cinnamon. Used to be a base for meads too.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to try mead, is it good?

1 Like

It’s okay. People have a lot of different perceptions on what it should be. It’s a kind of fermented half wine. Some are kind of a beer depending on what you put in it. It can be dry/sour about one step away from vinegar. I’ve brewed it for years and have done hundreds of recipes. It all turns out differently. If I don’t like it and find it too yeasty, I use it as a base for bread.

But some turns out beautiful and floral. I do a peony honey mead that is just amazing. It’s sweet, delicate, not exactly a dessert drink because it has a full body. But not exactly a wine or beer either. It’s just different.

2 Likes

Have you tried a sweet mead?

I have. I do a sweet wild violet and blackberry mead - honey based as well. It’s pretty much like a wine. I’d say it’s a bit thinner in viscosity. Aging it really makes it better if you like the floral notes. It’s not as smooth out of the cask as a fresh wine would be, the blackberry is frontal and the violet doesn’t have the airy finish unless you give it at least a year.

1 Like

Awesome, I want to make mead now but my dad won’t allow alcohol in his house :cry:

1 Like

I have access to the the lounge again. If you recently got demoted from the beta TL3, you might already be back up to TL3 if you live on the forums.

Alcohol is a blessing and a bane. If you want to get good at brewing, get good at fermenting first. Kimchi. Sauerkraut. Cabbage and veggie mixes. Sourdough breads. Fermentation is amazing and the better you are at training your nose into what smells right and what smells rotten, the better you will brew.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind

2 Likes

My preferred book. You can get it at other stores cheaper. But it has a lot of great tips.

1 Like

Well of course it depends on what you like. There’s always a good show in town. There’s the Boston Symphony, Sting has a show “Message in a bottle” that he helped create and he will be in town next fall.

We also have the USS Constitution. On the 4th it does it’s turn around cruise out into the harbor. It goes out and sails for a bit on it’s own then if you stand near Castle Island you can see it stop and fire a 21 gun salute. And of course the Boston Pops does their 4th of July show on the Esplanade with the 1812 Overture with symphony, church bells, cannon and fireworks.

If you haven’t been, it’s worth going to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox play. Fenway is now the oldest baseball stadium in the Major Leagues, it beats Wrigley Field by two years. It’s one of the oldest in any sport in the US.

We have restaurants that have been nominated for James Beard awards and others that seem just as good. There’s the Museum of Art, the Museum of Science and the Isabella Stewert Gardner Museum that still doesn’t have it’s paintings back that were robbed back in 1990.

Outside of town in Lexington Mass there is the Battle Green (The town common) where the Revolutionary War started. The British won that round but were routed later that day in Concord. Then you can head down Route 1 to Foxboro where you’ll find Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots.

And if it’s summer, head down Rt 495 to Cape Cod, where we all go for summer vacation. Another whole list of things to do there.

2 Likes

you look awfully familiar. do I know you?

1 Like

Is that lizard man?