Checking-In (Forum Lounge for Chatting)

As a person who was a retail associate and store manager. The secret is a big one. They’re flirting with you, prolonging the conversation.

“I’m sorry can you read that SKU number out for me?” Bats innocent eye lashes

Don’t tell anyone.

3 Likes

Slash me looks at the person the clerk is flirting with and scratches her head.

2 Likes

It’s a boring job. You flirt with anyone you think isn’t going to stalk you because it’s your entertainment. Kind of like cussing one another out and taking digs at friends or friends mom’s is the norm in the military and construction industry. It passes time.

2 Likes

it is still snowing in minnesota after two days i think? … and i am still sick with cold or something worse i dunno. my nose hurts from blowing it so much. ran out of kleenex so using toilet paper.

so much for springing into spring.

3 Likes

I don’t get flirting with people on the job, tbh. I used to work at a Gamestop and I had this girl that bought something and ended up asking me out.

I was actually uncomfortable. I was going through a terrible breakup and that was the last thing I needed.

I politely declined. Turns out, she ended up going out with a co-worker… before she scammed him out of some money.

Dodged a mortar.

4 Likes

It depends entirely on the person and the seriousness of the flirt. I was with my husband the other day in a grocery store and he accidentally dropped his debit card. The cashier, a woman, said to him, “Don’t worry honey, you’re pretty and that’s all that matters.” It was a flirt and a slight dig at him for being clumsy. Totally innocent, made him blush red as a tomato and all three of us had a great laugh.

That’s the kind of flirt I mean. Real flirting and even unserious flirts can collect you crazy stalkers. I learned this early on. Heck you don’t even have to flirt and people will get all up in your shtuff when it’s clearly not wanted.

3 Likes

I grew up in the country where the village general store still had a few old men sitting on a bench outside and a few old ladies standing around inside and nobody got in and out without the full half-hour interrogation and podcast of the local gossip.

4 Likes

Seriously. When I lived in a small town out in the boonies the Walmart or local grocery stores is where everyone convened and all the who’s-doing-what’s news got spread. That or church. 100%.

2 Likes

I actually yearn for that. I grew up around dense suburbs. I would love to live in a small, walkable town where everyone knows each other.

3 Likes

The concept is okay. The reality is that everyone knows everyone. There is no privacy, there is a handful of leaders and all of them pressure you to join their clique. If you don’t join they blacklist you. It’s just a bigger version of highschool.

2 Likes

you’re welcome to hang out in the GD lounge…

2 Likes

And I ain’t much of a Christian, for being a Texan, so…

Yeah, I’d be alienated. :melting_face:

no

1 Like

Totes okay. I’ll be your fren. Not moving to Texas though. We’ll have to pen pal it.
:feather: :email:

3 Likes

Hey, man. Texas is pretty nice.

Just growing too much.

1 Like

oh well.

when your thread gets deleted for being OT, we’ll still accept you.

3 Likes

Hello there. I’m doing good just woke up. Hope all are well :smiley:

4 Likes

Haven’t seen you in a while, you dang furry.

Hi, Fuzz. How goes?

1 Like

Speaking of everyone knowing your name, I live in the Boston area. I went to Cheers a few times before it was Cheers and before it was on TV. It really was that kind of place.

4 Likes

Tired but good. Just had some cinnamon apple sauce and that was good. I like cinnamon apple sauce.

2 Likes

I’ve lived or driven every state west of the Mississippi. Texas is massive. Their land and water rights are soooo entangled it’s powder keg internally and externally. They could grow another decade and not fill more than half their space. But the resources are the problem. I hate the winters, but I’d take Montana in a heartbeat over Texas.

1 Like