Chat reports being abused

Some dedicated sycophants in topics like this.

Edit: The local clown seems content to die on that sword, ignoring reality and/or anything that has happened to players. I would suggest blocking/ignoring, not wasting any time with him.

1 Like

stop feeding the troll. he cant read

Are you opposed to banning players who falsely mass report other players get banned for abusing an ingame feature? This is the only fix we need. You canā€™t argue against this can you? Unless you abuse the reporting feature that is as well.

Your right. I mean the solution is simple. Start banning people that falsely mass report players. Then this stops immediately. Iā€™ll ignore the person who clearly is trying to keep an abused system in place cause they benefit from it.

1 Like

Players cannot ban other players. Players do not have GM banning powers with extra steps. You can continue to live a lie, it makes no difference to me.

I care about the truth, you do not.

my guild once mass reported a players name in guild to get him a free name change. def does what you are saying

1 Like

A ban and a name change are different things. Itā€™s not semantics, itā€™s completely different. Players cannot ban other players.

it went through the automated system tho and thats whats hes talking about

1 Like

There is no automated system for banning or suspending players from playing the game. Heā€™s talking about players reporting other players and automatically banning them, which doesnā€™t happen.

It doesnā€™t happen on the forums either.

1 Like

Except my guild leader got banned during a PvP event cause the other team mass reported him. Explain that? The reason they mass reported him is because they knew it would ban him and then he couldnā€™t lead the event.

Itā€™s being absused by players because it works. The solution is simple and Iā€™ve listed it many times. Blizz needs to start banning players who falsely report someone. Hold people accountable. /thee end

1 Like

Iā€™m going to counter your anecdotal claim you have no evidence ever happened with my own. I had a guy claim he could automatically ban me at the ā€œdrop of a hat.ā€ I challenged him, he tried for an hour and then came back to the forums to lie and say I didnā€™t participate in his experiment. Right here, actually:

Players cannot ban other players.

your wrong and thats ok. guildmate just got a week long ban from smack talking in trade chat from mass reports lol

1 Like

Iā€™m not wrong and you have no idea what youā€™re talking about.

Talking smack (with profanity) is against the RULES. If players break the rules and are reported a GM can suspend them.

Stop gaslighting and trolling. Itā€™s been fun but you are just wrong and you know it. As I said you likely abuse the feature.

2 Likes

Players cannot ban other players. This is a categorical fact and no amount of lying will change that.

No it hasnā€™t. Arguing with liars is never fun for me.

This man is cooked if he doesnā€™t believe the automated system can trigger temp bans.

2 Likes

Players cannot ban other players. Players can automatically mute other players (squelch system implemented in May of 2007.)

None of you know what youā€™re talking about. I do, thatā€™s why Iā€™m posting.

Tell me how water isnā€™t wet while you are at it

Players canā€™t ban other players. Itā€™s about the same level of conspiracy as flat earth theory. Are you a flat earther? I think itā€™s likely.

Alright kanye settle down, itā€™s the automated system not players doing it.

tell us the automated system cant ban players now

2 Likes