Characters still on Old Blancy

I have read that Old Blancy will be closed and I am aware that there was the option of a free transfer off Old Blancy right before Cata Dropped. I also read that remaining characters will be “randomly placed” on alternative servers sometime after Cata dropped. Is there an expected move date? While the gathering is amazing right now… I would like to enjoy the rest of the game experience. Thank you.

1 Like

Either You move them now or they will be moved automaticly there realy isnt a choice.

3 Likes

I thought the original plan was to consolidate before release so I suppose it could happen soon’ish.

4 Likes

Are you talking about this announcement?

AFAICT, there hasn’t been any further announcements. I don’t recall a time when the devs would have either. I’m pretty sure they’re trying to discourage last-minute jumping, in order to prevent a mad rush at executing transfers that would blow up the transfer services.

Transfer now or accept the fact that you may lose the opportunity with no notice.

5 Likes

Thank you - this actually answered my question. I understand that I missed my free “exit ramp” off this server. I was wondering the time frame for the “forced move”. I am not prepared to spend $80 plus dollars to move all of my toons.

1 Like

Just curious, but if you check the Shop on the character select screen — does it still show a free character transfer under Services?

I’ve already made my move so I cannot see it any longer. But it was there just a couple of weeks ago for another player.

3 Likes

actually yes it does - I was going from my log on screen before and could not see the “free transfer” I had my son over and helped out his ole mom (thank goodness for tech helpful kids). I have made the transfer and am happy on my new server…Thank you following up

6 Likes

You’re welcome. Glad you were able to get the transfer done. Best of luck on your new server.

3 Likes