Characters deleveled - Khadgar

Still nothing on my end. I do have a ticket submitted but nothing is updated so far. Unfortunately being a casual player I can’t even say that Khadgar was my realm. I am assuming it is due to the missing characters problem happening only on that realm.

I just want to thank the Blizzard customer service reps and the GMs that have been dealing with this issue! Because this character and our guild’s warlock were restored, we were able to raid last night and finally get Cutting Edge of Khadgar.

5 Likes

Definitely one of the more unique, um, bugs I guess, to have cropped up in this game’s history.

1 Like

I wonder if the issue presented in this thread is related. It also seems to have happened in conjunction with a realm merge, so the issue might be a bit more wide-spread than you think. I assume the team is working on more than just the Kadghar characters that were recently affected. The poor fellow in the thread I linked has been waiting for well over a month for a resolution.

While Khadgar may be the central point for this character de-leveling incident, a lot of other servers are experiencing strange effects, be it ghost characters that don’t exist in a guild, blank profiles in the guild, characters showing what server they transferred from, etc. The Dev’s and GM’s are quite well aware of the issues, but they may need to fix 1 issue before they are able to get to another, as they may be related.

The thread you referenced is already being looked at by a Dev Team, and is on a different server than Khadgar, with a different issue.

Lets keep this discussion to those that have characters on Khadgar, as apposed to those who don’t.

2 Likes

I understand. Just noting that it looks like the incidents with severe character problems due to the realm merges appeear to be a lot more wide spread than some may think. Hopefully they can all be fixed very soon, but from the looks of what is happening here, it may take a lot longer than we’d like. So I think continued calls for patience, even as players continue to experience these issues for extended periods of time, is important.

So a strange thing happened with my lock. During the merge my lock was knocked down to 90 so I reported it. The next day when I checked my lock was back to 120. I took a few days off logged in yesterday and my lock was back to 90! I missed out on making 2000 gold yesterday because of this. Please fix this thank you.

It looks like your issue may have been unrelated to the discussion happening here. I’m glad you were able to locate the realm those characters were on though!

Congratulations Geralth! Sorry for the trouble this all caused for your group.

It’s making my list of top 10, for sure.

Both are correct. We’ve been keeping track of reports from players following realm connections, including missing characters or deleted characters reappearing. We’ve also seen some guild issues reported. They’re not exactly the same as what happened on Khadgar though, and tend to be a bit more sporadic.

Due to the scale of the impact to Khadgar specifically during this, we wanted to create a location where we could collect examples, and share updates on the work being done for the realm.

The other issues, like I said, are being tracked and worked on separately by the game team and engineers.

We’ve seen at least 1 other report of that here. It appears to be an edge case situation. If you haven’t yet, please open a new ticket to get this tracked with the Game Master teams.

3 Likes

Any chance I would be able to get an update on my missing character, Spoon - Khadgar? This has been my main since vanilla (coincidentally also in Geraith’s guild: Remnant). The character has been completely gone since the 22nd, so we’re coming up on a week now.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello!

I submitted a ticket, but this character is still not fixed. Please fix Zutar-Khadgar. There are some things I would really like to do before reset tomorrow.

Thank you,
Zutar

It looks like an attempt to recover it was made but your account currently has too many characters. You’re currently 22 characters over the account cap. This may be due to duplicate characters some others have reported seeing since this issue started.

It looks like you have a lot of never used characters on the Dalaran realm that were recently created. Some Class Trial characters that haven’t been upgraded/unlocked, and some older characters on other realms that haven’t been logged into in many years.

If you’d like to go through and clear out some of those characters we can try again.

2 Likes

They seem to be back. If you’re not seeing them on your character list, try making a new character. This hasn’t been necessary for most but doesn’t hurt to try.

1 Like

I’ve deleted a bunch of characters. If you wouldn’t mind attempting the restore of Spoon - Khadgar again, I’d appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi there recently i noticed that i too have characters that are buged, i shall describe the 2 in question the first is a level 22 night elf druid named onevision that i had deleted and is now restrored. Then there is the big one my main witch i am posting from. The toon name is dralafey the game has cloned, for the true verson is a level 120 pally on dalaran server, yet when i look at khadgar server i see a verson that is level 90 decked out in soo raid gear from mists xpac with the name of pegasas. Since then i have had 2 name changes 1 relm change. I have yet to log into the clone on khadgar because i don’t know if it will affect my actual verson of the toon.

Yours is a different issue. The issues in this thread are specifically with characters on the Khadgar server.

You do seem to have access your level 120 though, right? If you do, you should be fine, Dralafey. You can safely delete those characters.

Not exactly. The Pegasas character was on Khadgar, that was restored with this issue. The Dralafey character was Pegasas. :slight_smile:

Okay will do thank you for the response

It looks like they’re back now.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Just checked and I still have two previously 120 characters on Khadgar that are both level 90 (Mage & Warlock).

I have refrained from entering a ticket since the issue was being worked on. Should I submit one now?