Character transfer insanity

I purchased a 3 pack of character transfers earlier today.

I have so far tried to use 2 of these.

All of these were suppose to move from my WoW 3 account to WoW 4 account. All from their home realms to Wyrmrest Accord.

The 1st (Djoro - lightening hoof) was sent to the right server, but the wrong realm. (I have an open ticket on this one)

The second (Wodanon - proudmore) is missing - not on either account or realm. I know you say 24 hours for a transfer, so I’ll set him aside for the moment.

On the 1st. I am being told by that GM that you cannot resolve the error by transferring him to where I feel 100% certain I sent him.

& ok. I accept that. Not thrilled, but ok.

Now here the problem…

When I go use the 3 transfer to move Djoro to the intended realm (willing to eat the cost cause gotta get that WoW in) I’m getting an error message saying I can’t do it.

So transfer 1 - wrong realm

Transfer 2 missing

Transfer 3 can’t use the way I need to to solve the issue with transfer 1.

Anything you can do to help?

It looks like they closed my ticket - probably because of the attitude implied in my response, but it was frustrating and it’s just getting more so…

They said the only thing they could do was reverse the whole thing with refund. Is that something you can help with?

The message had the issue as resolved before my last 2 replies, but I can guarantee you I never marked it that way my self.

Could you clarify what you mean by “right server, but the wrong realm.”? Servers and realms are really the same thing, which is what’s a little confusing.

As for transfer 3, it’s likely due to the 72 hour cool down. If it hasn’t been 72 hours since you transferred them to the wrong realm, then you have to wait for that to pass.

If you use the refund option (I’ll link below) then if the transfer qualifies, it should be automated. If it doesn’t qualify, it should give you the option to put in a ticket which is what you’d need to do.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/1153/solution

4 Likes

Sorry. Right account wrong realm. It’s late and and it’s been frustrating with this.

Thanks. I’ll give that a shot. Appreciate the help.

3 Likes

No worries at all Djarro! I just wanted to make sure I totally understood the issue too :wink:

Ticket is the best way to go. Best of luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I bought 1 transfer to send my Mage - Tungdill to Wyrmrest Accord and I am getting the error message “There was a problem with your order.”

It has been 24 hours now and still no fix from Blizzard.

I have a open ticket with no resolution yet.

I am still waiting.

You’ve been on here since Tuesday and have participated in several threads. All of that - not going to get you a resolution any sooner I mis-spoke, and I’ll apologize. I for some reason recall a DI posting in several threads but it wasn’t you. It still remains for the rest though.

It is a known issue. You will unfortunately be waiting until the bug is resolved. There is no time table on when that may be. You can, however, keep track of any updates posted in the thread I’m about to link.

For the OP - Just as a by the by, there is a known issue with trying to transfer to any of the RP realms right now.

Personally, I think the way to go is the refund option. And then re-purchase the tokens to do the transfers fresh when the issues are resolved. I’m glad it did seem to get you transferred to your different account for Djoro #1. I see there is also some issues transferring from account to account, but you lucked out on that one. That post I linked for you, it has all the different issues going on specifically with the transfers. Any updates will be posted there too, to keep everything in one place.

Good luck!

5 Likes

You would think the GM would have mentioned that in our exchanges in the ticket.

Thanks for the heads up. Nice to have players that are more aware of the issues than the people who are paid to support the game.

The GMs answering tickets aren’t just GMs for WoW, but across all Blizzard games. And to be fair, these poor transfers are all sorts of buggy with several issues, even though they’ve got one or two figured out now.

But so glad to have helped! You take care and good luck with it all. ^^

3 Likes

To be fair, they shouldn’t be implying “known issues” are somehow the he customers fault.

In fact they should disable the buggy transfers so they don’t have to deal with creating agitated customers who they feel free to suggest that the problem was somehow the customers fault when it’s a “known issue”.

I know this isn’t a discussion forum though, but seriously someone defending gaslighting from a billion dollar company makes me sad.

That, I will not argue with. If they did somehow, then they absolutely should not have.

And I agree, they should put them on hold, but it may be that not all characters are being affected. Just like you getting your one transferred from one account to another, that is one of those known issues, yet it worked for you.

At the end of the day, I’m a player just like you. Hopefully they’ll get it all fixed up and soon - for you and for everyone stuck with one or more of the transfer issues.

5 Likes

Ok.

Now they are telling me to go to live chat but I have no idea how to access it.

I really don’t want to explain this whole thing a third time.

After the refund one character (Djoro) was returned to the correct account

The second character (Wodanon - Proudmore) seems to have had his name changed along the way and was not returned to the correct account.

I don’t know why someone can’t help me put the character I want to play on the correct account and realm. I was willing to pay for that service. But with errors and frustrating support experience I’m exhausted trying to sort it out.

I give up. 2 hours refreshing live chat because that’s where my ticket told me to go.

Answers to my inquiries that don’t seem to comprehend the issue.

I’m done. I’ll leave it all the way you guys screwed it up when you bungled my transfers.

Best of luck. I’ll never buy a service or bother with working with CS for a ticket or anything else.