Character model question

so in that case new models should stay in retail and old models should stay in classic. that way it’s fair to both groups of player.

There is no “both groups of players”.

Players get access to both games.

there is though
actually there is 3 groups of players.
those who play retail
those who play classic
those who play both

I did not remember the bluish grey line you’re talking about and can’t actually find that when I started up the Vanilla client to view this.

check your display, because I think you may actually have a graphical glitch or something… Can you take a screen shot? I am truly curious what you’re actually referring too.

There are people that play WoW with a sub. Those are players.

And those that don’t sub that play, whatever. They are not WoW players.

Regardless of what you choose to do, that does not limit the availability of content granted by your sub.

no but again. the point was
it’s not fair that those who want old models would only have 1 game (classic) with them.
but those who want new models would have both games with them available.

How is that not fair?

The people who don’t want new models don’t get new models, the people who DO want new models get the new models.

That’s perfectly fair. You’re looking at it all wrong.

1 Like

really? so show me where i can log onto retail and use an old model. go ahead. i’ll wait.

Regardless of our feelings the Modern Character models are not authentic to Classic WoW and will not be included no matter what.

There are things we can ask Blizzard to please include, but that list is defined by the following format…

Was it originally in Vanilla WoW at any point in time? IF that answer is YES then we can discuss it…

If the answer is NO then there is no chance for that sort of thing to be in Classic and in turn it’s a waste of time to even discuss it.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with retail.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

More isn’t less. You can use whatever you want. If you want “vanilla” models in retail, you’re in the wrong forum.

1 Like

except that goes back to my original argument.

to which they still haven’t given me a solid answer.

Here’s an even better question.

Why would Classic fans play Retail when the whole point is to get away from Retail to begin with?

the point is my argument. people (mainly from retail) want new models in classic but i can’t get an answer about how it’s fair for classic to have new models, but not fair for the reverse.

because there is still people out there who are fans of both games? as evidenced by some of the people posting in these forums who are still subbed.

This is where I think the Cash Shop will come in. Want that Pink Mowhawk on your Gnome Warrior? PonyUp $5.

Okay, fair point, I’ll grant you that.

I highly doubt the fans of both games care whether or not the old models are brought back to retail though.

Besides, it’s not like new models are happening in Classic anyway.

Well, you’re in for a surprise then, if you think nothing unauthentic is coming to Classic.

But you are basically correct. Like I said, it doesn’t matter. I’m not advocating one way or the other, I’m just saying it could be done and not affect anyone else’s “immersion” or “nostalgia”.

and i hope to god they don’t happen in classic. but if they do, they better be ready to put classic models in retail too.

1 Like