Character model question

I think that’s pretty agreeable. My graphics setting have no effect on other people’s “classic experience” there should just be a toggle in the setting for classic and modern graphics. It seems that a pretty uninvasive change.

2 Likes

More character customization options doesn’t bother me like hair styles and accessories stuff like that. I can live without it but I wouldn’t mind seeing more varied people since I plan to play on an rp realm.

There is no other argument more worth while or valid other than “it wasn’t the classic I played 14 years ago, I want those low poly models” though.

That being said.

It wasn’t the game I played 14 years ago, I want those low-poly models in order to get the correct aesthetic of a classic WoW nostalgia experience.

1 Like

No we aren’t getting the new models

1 Like

I could be wrong on this but I believe the reason they ditched the toggle was because of demon hunters. They had to use the new models.

1 Like

It was well before them I thought. It happened in WoD. It was buggy in game before we even had demon hunters. It’s possible when they were testing demon hunters it didn’t go well with that either so they scrapped it before legion. It was an issue in WoD though.

The new models were added in WoD. I thought the toggle went away with the legion prepatch since NE and BE were forced into the new models with the DH.

1 Like

my guess there will either be an option or an addon for models/textures.

But like all else “wait and see”

1 Like

As indecisive as I am when creating a character in any game. And as someone who loves being able to change the look of my character incase I don’t like how I created them. I say no to the barber shop in classic. It’s just not supposed to be there.

2 Likes

NO “it wasn’t the classic I played 14 years ago, I want those low polly models”

1 Like

How is it fair Retail sucks and Classic doesn’t? Why should I care about Retail at all?

What do you love about it not affecting anything?

The problem is that doing so is a bannable ToS violation (regardless of the likelihood of being caught for it).

But I imagine it would be easy enough for them to include it in the API to allow a mod to toggle it, or in the script functionality, so that people who wanted the higher polygon/resolution models could toggle it on themselves as an optional interface element, much like the Action Camera currently in game.

3 Likes

This doesn’t make sense. Your sub gets you both classic and retail.
—————-
Also, it doesn’t matter. If the option was available, anyone with vanilla models would see vanilla models, and anyone with new models would see new models.

2 Likes

and yet my point still stands. let me put it another way
retail fans would have - retail models in retail and in classic
class fans would have - classic models in classic.

see the difference there?

2 Likes

Nope, not in the game. Spend an extra minute or 30 choosing your character’s appearance carefully.

In fact, you can do that now at classic . wowhead . com. It is under the Dressing Room feature in Tools.

Wait until you see what it is like to be in a 40 man raid in a vast cavernous raid zone filled with trash mobs. Blizzard was right to use those low poly models, and frankly the animations were better on the originals.

#nochanges

1 Like

Let’s not get it twisted. Nicer models doesn’t translate in any way to “Quality of Life”, it’s just a visual upgrade. I’d use them if they were present, but I’m okay with not having them as old gear would look odd on new models.

I still get to keep my Cata water, though, so I’m good.

1 Like

Cata Gel water? That’s not water friend;

this is water, lets not make believe that Blizzard is any good at water.

1 Like

It’s still an upgrade from pre-Cata …whatever that was, like there’s some weird blueish grey line where you go from running to flying slowly.

https:// i.pinimg. com/originals/5c/7e/02/5c7e020a54e383ccabb3c55ca301ffaf.jpg
Just remove the spaces.

1 Like

Your point isn’t relevant. You have access to whatever you want.

1 Like