Character model question

I know most people here are classic “affictionados” that will scream “NO CHANGE”, but I would like to know if we gonna get quality of life changes that we have on retail like new hairstyle, new models and upright orcs.

Thoughts? If you disagree, can you argue more than just “it wasn’t the classic I played 14 years ago, I want those low polly models”?

3 Likes

How absolutely dare you?

11 Likes

Thoughts: I prefer the old models, but if you like the new ones–there is 100% going to be someone who will give you a step by step guide to model editing your new models into the game.

Think Zerocool’s model update, but even more invasive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=360&v=48PTIWemphk
for the uninformed.

2 Likes

part of me hopes for hd models and zones but it kinda brakes the nostalgia which is super important to a lot of people

2 Likes

Zones I understand being the “good” ol’ SD sh… stuff, but the models and god, we waited for so long to play upright orcs, I wanted them since Wrath (when I started playing).

1 Like

I think that upright Orcs is one of the very few features of modern WOW that I actually like, however honestly… NO CHANGES.

1 Like

But honestly, I think a graphics option to change between new and old graphics would be reasonable.

But people have posted reaching arguments on how unfair that is because “new model shadows can give you an unfair advantage in pvp.”

4 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance, but how in the hell shadows gives people an edge on pvp? D: (serious question, not trying to be rude or anything)

1 Like

(It doesn’t)

People are just bored waiting on Classic so they spend their time making up argument points on Classic forums.

1 Like

Hairstyles aren’t even a quality of life change…?

4 Likes

Just report for trolling

4 Likes

It’s obvious, of course. The more realistic shadows often fool many an experienced pvpers and they spend their time swinging/casting on those shadows instead of the actual enemy.

Anyone under 2600 rating has been guilty of making that mistake.

2 Likes

some hairstyles wasn’t available on classic, if I’m not mistaken, as it had no barber shop or MOHAWK NIGHT ELF MALE HAIR MODAFU… sorry. Well, you get the point.

2 Likes

Nope.

Possibly, but if they did it it would be a non-default configuration menu option with the old models as default. Most likely they’ll just use old models since the old animations are different.

Lol no.

2 Likes

you know what i love? when new model fans say “with a toggle it doesn’t affect anything”
and stuff like that.

how is it fair that retail fans get to have new models in classic, but classic fans don’t get to have old models in retail?

4 Likes

I doubt we’ll see new hairstyles or model changes like upright Orcs.

For the new models themselves, the old models should remain the main thing for Classic. The concern here is that when they did a toggle for them in retail, the old models didn’t always work properly and had a number of visual glitches.

So long as the old models work as they’re supposed to, I don’t really care if they have the new models.

2 Likes

I’m going to tell you right now why we shouldn’t and won’t get new models in classic. Go transmog in retail for a little while and you will find rather quickly that a LARGE amount of gear that was in Vanilla (and every expansion before the updated models) does not fit on the new models. Literally there are so many shoulder pads / weapons I can’t mog to because they either clip into my shoulder/chest and make me look like I was in a car accident, or the weapon clips into the shoulder pad (because the shoulder pad doesn’t fit) and looks completely stupid.

No, no new models in classic.

We can add Draeni and Blood Elfs too while we’re at it! Seen this post plenty of times on this Forum, it’s not an original idea at all. Just use that little magnifying glass to the left of your Avatar, read how well those posts went

2 Likes

No, we’re adding Pandas and no other new races. Ion told me so just this morning.

3 Likes

We won’t be getting any of those things. Blizzard tried using updated models along with old models (think toggle) in retail years ago. It didn’t work out. I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Don’t expect many QoL changes. Personally, I quit retail because it got too QoL. I expect it to be pretty faithful to the original.

1 Like