"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

Ya that’s a big part of the game lol. You know like the gear, the mounts, the gold… the game lol… it’s all rewards to get ya some dopamine and if you don’t have that, then the game is not fun no more

Right and someone else boosting doesn’t go back in time and take away your dopamine hit when you leveled the “right” way.

1 Like

I bet if they had a server, on retail, that restricted all paid services, the majority of players would flock to this server. I feel it coming in the air tonight.

There would be parades in the streets! There would be a massive influx of classic players. There would be a 20,000 toon train in dalaran.

Yeah and I know that other people doing different things in no way effects the way my dopamine button gets pushed. I’ve leveled to 60 in classic and vanilla. I don’t care if people want to boost it doesn’t take anything away from what I did. I leveled a fresh BE paladin to 70 when TBC first came out. I still don’t care if someone boosts to 58. It still doesn’t take anything away from what I did and wont take away anything from what I do. What other people do with their play time does not matter.

Could Should. Classic should have resembled the overall authentic Vanilla experience just as TBC should have. But it’s not. Instead we got Classic as it is now, and TBC … well, we’ll see.

At the end of the day, it’s the best business decision by Blizzard. They’ll lose out on tons of paying players if they made Classic and TBC Classic anywhere near as time consuming as their original counterparts.

The rewards that keep on giving stop when they’re devalued by people who get them in a fraction of the time

First level 58 with junk gear has never been a meaningful reward.

Second even without the boost blizzard has already both decreased the exp required to level and streamlined the leveling process with more quest hubs, kind of hypocritical you aren’t whining about that since that also devalues your mighty level 58 achievement.

2 Likes

you did all those quest. INTANCED QUEST HAHA .BRO I DONT CARE ABOUT PVE GET OUT OF HERE. PVE SHOULD NOT BE HARD HAHA YOUR WORKING WITH 40 PEOPLE GET OUT OF HERE. I DONT CARE ABOUT UR MYTHIC TRASH I ALWAYS PLAYED THIS GAME TO KILL PEOPLE AND GRIEF THEM.

INSTANCED QUEST BUTTON WERE YOU CAN REMOVE PVP. GET OUT OF HERE. PVE IS IRRELEVANT ITS LIKE ANIMAL IN REAL LIFE AND PVP IS HUMAN.

GO BACK TO YOUR FORUM AND DONT COME BACK HERE

RETAIL IS HARD AM PLAYING MYTHIC 58 bro PLZ GO BACK YOUR FORUM HERE WE PVP OVER REASOURCE AND IT FEEL SO GOOD TO KILL SOMEONE OVER A BLACK LOTUS. I YELL WHEN I KILL SOMEONE AND TAKE THE BLACK LOTUS ! ITS LIKE AM STARVING AND I SEE SOMEONE WHO KILL A BUCK AND I WANT IT SO I TAKE IT !

LOVE IT !

2 Likes

Of all the criticisms of Vanilla and TBC, the “Time consuming” one is the one I can’t quite wrap my head around. The game is no more or less time consuming than you make it. There is nothing stopping someone from playing 10 hours a week or 100 hours a week.

This comes up so much in the boosting discussions too and I still struggle to understand what people are saying. “I have a job and kids I can’t level”. Leveling isn’t grinding rank 14 or anything crazy like that, it doesn’t require no lifing the game.

Wouldn’t those players just play retail, which is a far more fast paced game? The subscription cost is the same regardless of if someone plays Classic, Classic TBC, Retail, any of the 2, or all 3.

2 Likes

Freaking hilarious, I got my post here deleted and banned off the forums for the F word faster and for longer than I’ve ever seen any bot/exploiter/gold buyer ingame actioned. Wasn’t about the language though, it was what I said wasn’t it?

Your company is actually trash, enforce your ToS and Code of Conduct ingame.

REPOST

LIAR.

Ya’ll did nothing about boosting during Classic. Industrialized ZG/Mara/SM boosting were not apart or appropriate for Classic. It should of been stopped.
The mages that did this usually sold the gold on peer 2 peer websites and the low levels being boosted were buying the gold. Add GDKP and bots on top of it and you have a completely FAILED classic experience.

People are already planning on abusing the TBC character boosts with a bunch of cheap VPN’d south american accts, another loophole you did nothing about that severally screwed North American servers.

Blizzard can hide behind “it’s a 15 year old game” all they want. Blizzard (2021) is a BAD game developer.

3 Likes

you wont be 60, nor have raid gear so that point is invalid.

the point of classic WAS NOT to make friends while leveling. it was to be entertained by a video game, no matter how. another invalid point.

when you played in vanilla you were most likely young with no responsibilities. if youre older now and still dont have any, not much has changed for you but most other have a life now. another invalid point.

i play with my friends, RIGHT now, know what we are doing? boosting toons with in game gold preparing for TBC because neither of us played classic very much. AIP

you’re level 53, looks like you didnt wanna play classic wow. maybe you need a handout.

Where is your evidence of this. I’m not so convinced

1 Like

Like what you’re saying now, I see a lot of people confused by what I’m saying in regards to what the reward is. When I say rewards, I don’t mean a level 58 even though that’s what the boost provides. Every reward in the game from low level rewards to t3 or to t6 in tbc will be devalued because the entirety of the work put in to get those rewards normally has been messed with to some degree. If you wanted t6 in tbc originally, you had to go through the grind to 70 first FROM level 1, and then you had to raid. By providing boosts you mess with the value of the rewards you get at level 70 because the entire journey has been altered to some degree because you’re skipping 58 levels. The achievement of hitting level 70 is altered and so is getting a flying mount and also getting t6 and whatever you achieve in PvP. Is it completely ruined? No. But every reward in the game is devalued to some extent by providing a 58 boosts for both the booster and the people who don’t boost.

1 Like

If for some reason you feel your “rewards” are devalued by how someone else plays that is entirely a you problem.

3 Likes

I’ll bet you anything that it costs more in bought gold to get to 58 via mage boosting than the $60 Blizzard is offering. This hurts the bots quite a bit.

I mean that’s only if the bots main source of income was selling boosts. While yes there were definitely bots that did that I don’t think it was the vast majority of bots and I think most were doing open world or instance farming.

If anything this service just makes it faster to get their toons back at max level and botting again once they get banned. Sure it’ll cost them $60 but that’s a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of time they’ll save re-leveling and subsequently more time farming gold to be sold for real money.

I think buying boosts will be done almost exclusively by bots outside of the first few weeks where the active players will all buy their profession alt and the handful of people wanting to come to TBC that didn’t play Classic buy them.

1 Like

Thats just how rewards work. They get their value from their desirability and scarcity. You mess with the scarcity, and then you mess with the value.

1 Like

Ah yes I totally forgot that the path other people used to level was at the forefront of my mind every time I accomplished something in game. Thank you for reminding me of this great all consuming truth!

1 Like

Its apart of the hard work that contributes to the scarcity of the reward, and if you know some players didn’t go through that process that also makes the rewards less desirable.

Big stinky horned animal patties.  Boosts will minimalized the world experience and hurt professions.  It will make botting more profitable and easier.  What were seeing here is a shakedown to the people fleeing retail to play classic.  Catering to the whales to play Classic too!  /sigh
1 Like