"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

Classic is a modern variation of a classic game. Most games right now have fast tracks through leveling. FF14 offers boost, retail offers boost, GW2 you can buy in game money from arenanet themselves and then level using crafting so its pretty much a boost with like an extra step that takes like 15 minutes. current expansion and end game are all that really matters because your proportionally gonna spend almost no time in the old content compared to current content.

2 Likes

No, I said its bad for the overall health of an MMO, especially a remake of an old one where time investment is a much larger part of the game than retail. Stay on point.

I’d prefer they give different options. Stop trying to skip past parts of a game you dont like. That’s not how an RPG works.

1 Like

that’s an opinion you’re having

don’t start sidetracks then if you don’t actually want to discuss them

no

has literally nothing to do with this

2 Likes

I think its funny that people say that “TBC content isn’t only at 58, they added new quests in Azeroth.”
Im pretty sure when the expansion drops that you aren’t going to stop what you’re doing to go back to azeroth just to complete those quests. That is such a null argument that the fact that people are resorting to use it is really pathetic.
People like me (who thought wow classic and all of its content and leveling that I already did on vanilla release, not to mention on private servers btw) don’t wish to play something so redundant just to be able to play the actual fun stuff with my friends.
If you don’t agree with the fact they are adding boosts then I suggest you get a tissue or quit. Because its going to happen.

1 Like

Ok, I did make a point. I did discuss what you just said, and yes it is my opinion just like you have yours dude. Yours just seems to be uninformed and “I want, gimmie gimmie, I dont want to level waaaahhhh.” I’m trying to explain why you might want to reconsider.

You will if you ever want to level another character. Which a lot of people that play classic have done. Takes about 7-12 days played for the average person.

1 Like

what a giant baby. “no my opinion is super smart and yours is dumb cuz I don’t like it boohoo!”

You will if you ever want to level another character. Which a lot of people that play classic have done. Takes about 7-12 days played for the average person.

Yes, I will. Because there is only one boost. Thank you for proving my point.

One boost per account, that specifically excludes the new races, AND is only to the bare minimum level needed to go through the portal, is most certainly NOT “pay to win”.

3 Likes

Yaaa, its not like anyone has multiple accounts in this day and age…

Again, I’m optimistic and hope the boost money will go back into classic. Some people cant take a difference of opinion. I haven’t been on here acting like anything is immoral or some crazy decision that will ruin the game.

It will likely however have some negative side effects, and is not staying with the spirit of classic. I would again prefer they not do this, and I’m going to support it with things I’ve seen playing classic.

1 Like

Nice, this 100% confirms boosts are happening, the teacup tempest tears didn’t sway their decision to make them happen. Thanks, Blizzard. Any way we can make them unlimited though? Discount the first one and then future boosts at full price?

Hope you at least consider it, otherwise it may be difficult to for some to use their single available boost.

1 Like

if you think 90% of the content happens before max level, i have a lot of other things to sell you, because you can’t think for yourself.

1 Like

Just to clarify. You are one person. If you see millions when looking in the mirror, I would seek professional help.

A billion don’t like Vanilla leveling. See. . I can pull a number out of a hat too. :slight_smile:

Some like 1-60
Some dont

Moot point. . next?

1 Like

The problem is you think there’s a “right” way to play and you want to try to force people to play the “right” way. In reality lots of people have different play styles and objectives when they play WoW regardless of boosting, many of which you probably also don’t consider the “right” way to play.

2 Likes

No, I think boosts as a character service are bad for RPG focused games like classic.

I have bought multiple boosts in the seasonal version of retail you dolts just think its a morality thing. Its game design.

2 Likes

Right. That was 14 years ago.

This is today.

While it may be a part of the experience, the people who this is being developed for probably have neither the time, nor the patience to spend on leveling an entirely fresh new character during an absolute slog of a Vanilla questing experience (because being mouth-breathing no-lifers who spend 24 hours straight grinding through those levels is not a healthy life-choice).

People are acting like Classic is all about Blizzard going back to its roots. No. It’s a museum. It’s fun to look around and re-experience everything that made you love the game in the past, but in the end it’s still old content that you have done countless times over a period of two years (per expansion cycle) and now have the opportunity to do all over again.

Yay.

Okay now explain why it’s bad game design for logical in game reasons.

The bot boosting argument is getting old. Bots are a policing issue on Blizzards end. If your problem is with botting, you’re barking up the wrong tree. Keep hounding Blizzard to be more vigilant in preventing them generally. If you have an issue with boosting because you don’t think it’s fair, well I have some bad news. And if your point is that it’s somehow against the spirit of Classic, you seriously need to look at all the other things that Blizzard has changed since Classic launch and find another hill to die on.

1 Like

“Skipping irrelevant content is bad! Multi-hour tutorials should be a mandatory experience! Cutscenes should be unskippable, if you die on the boss you should have to sit through 10 minutes of “my friends are my power!” again and again!”

6 Likes

Oh yeah I love the argument that it takes multi days of /played time to learn the basics of how to play a class… speak for yourself…

Especially in Classic, good lord

Yes, I’m quite sure a frost mage needs 58 levels to actually learn their exceedingly complex rotation of “Frostbolt > Frostbolt > Frostbolt > Frostbolt > Frostbolt > Frostbolt > Fire Blast”…