"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

TBC was made in 2007. TBC Classic is being made in 2021

2 Likes

Thank you Faelis. I was reading some of his thread going. . what?

Besides, I CLEARLY remember back in the day on alts pushing to hit 58 so I could cross the portal. . So yes. . TBC even then started at 58. And if he didn’t understand that he either a) didn’t experience it, or b) just did not realize that.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course it isn’t a “new” game. It is a separate game. If it was the same game you could just walk your Classic character through the portal once TBC goes live. But you can’t. You have to log onto TBC and then decide which character from Classic you want to clone over.

I think hair-splitting reaches new lengths on this forum. Much more of it and you all will be going bald.

2 Likes

Boosting should not be allowed. This is a blatant money grab. The whole point of an MMORPG is that you should have to invest your time and effort into developing your character and skill. Boosting skips 100% percent of the actually game play. Wow is not a phone game.

7 Likes

Candidly? The 30% leveling boost provided in the TBC expansion should be adequate to level from 1-58 quickly enough. And, as it’s still possible to power level in Classic, friends can help their newb friends to level super fast.

Imho, the boost is unnecessary and represents a change that the rest of the WoW playing world never saw till the awful WoD.

1 Like

Initially, yes. But Blizzard has stated that paid cloning will be available.

Why do you people keep talking about the speed of leveling? It’s not the speed that’s the problem, it’s that it’s unfun and uninteresting

stabbing yourself in the foot still hurts like hell, it doesn’t matter that you left the knife in for 30% less of the time than before

4 Likes

Then maybe you should play a different game, since most of WoW involves leveling.

There was no such thing as a character boost until WoD.

4 Likes

Jesus Christ you people will invent any narrative to fit your argument

VANILLA. LEVELING. IS. BORING. TBC. LEVELING. IS. ENJOYABLE.

Do you understand now or do I need to dumb it down more?

4 Likes

The game still requires you to kill, collect and travel. There’s no real difference.

Would you care to specify what exactly about Classic leveling is mind dulling to the point you’d pay to skip it?

2 Likes

Boring zones, boring storylines, uninteresting atmosphere

I don’t care about some warlock in a random tower in Redridge that tricked some orcs and gnolls into fending off adventurers from investigating what he’s doing. What I’m interested in is the blood orcs who turned the tables on the demons and have them contained to siphon their fel energy instead of serving them, and the road literally built out of Draenei bones leading into their main fortress

The people who are interested in leveling 1-58 have had more than enough time to do so.

The people who will use the boost are those who don’t care about 1-58 for any number of reasons.

1 Like

I guess if the story really matters that much but I think if you haven’t played Classic or gave it a real shot you really are missing some unique stories and experiences. At the very least some of the dungeons.

1 Like

That’s the thing: I did give it a shot. I have a level 28 mage that’s been sitting there for over a week because every time I consider logging in I just remember how boring it is

I’d be fine with a XP boost. I just hate the idea of people skipping all of Azeroth. A place that will only get more empty because of this and as someone who intends to roll a Belf will likely feel this decision the most as I do not have a choice. Its also imo not a great idea to drop an entire class at its lvl 58 state on someone who potentially might be new or not know much about how Classic works. At the very least a warning that its not recommended for new players would be nice and if you really want to go all out a video or in-game tutorial would help ease people into knowing their class at a level where its going to assumed everyone knows how to play their character. Anything to inform the player of what exactly they are playing so they don’t waste their only boost on a class they actually hate or cause problems for normal players and decide to quit because they feel scammed or that the game is too complicated.

2 Likes

Leveling definitely isn’t perfect in Classic but depending on how many dungeons you do or the zones you do it can get much better. Questie is a good AddOn if you want to know what your options are if you don’t have it. Just remember that TBC leveling is already going to be nerfed and mount will be at 30 now so if you pick up that mage again once pre-patch hits then you will probably have a much better time. It might also be a issue with your class. I played a Mage and it was fun but I can only tolerate Frostbolt so much.

Honestly though I don’t blame you for wanting a boost. Low level gameplay can suck I just think your missing some good stories you haven’t experienced yet.

Exactly, and in this case, you anti boosters are the ones they cant please.

This doesn’t make any sense to me.

Like, I see where you’re coming from but I still don’t get it.

It’s like the people who say they’ll take the boost because they don’t have the time to level 1-58 but do have the time for everything else after that.

2 Likes

Well, let’s approach it from another perspective: Think about Chromie Time in Retail

Chromie Time, if you’re unfamiliar, was a new addition in the Shadowlands prepatch that allows you to go to any expansion at any time to level, rather than having to go through each expansion sequentially.

So, for example, you finish Exile’s Reach on a new alt, hit level 10, and arrive in Orgrimmar. Before, you would have to level to the next breakpoint in Classic zones, then level through Outland, then Northrend, and so on. Now, if you desired, you can go straight to Pandaria and go all the way to 50, then go into Shadowlands, without even touching any other expansion that you’re uninterested in

Now, apply that line of thought to Classic and the boost: if I’m completely uninterested in Vanilla content, but really want to experience TBC content, the boost allows me to skip straight to it without any fuss. Leveling in Vanilla zones could be 5 times as fast and I still wouldn’t be interested, because the content is still boring

Obviously you don’t really want to experience TBC if you cant even be asked to level a character.

5 Likes