"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

Well I mean…have you seen the sub count since they started doing things like this?

Guess we should never voice an opinion of things we dont agree with even though we are paying for it. derp.

correlation =/= causation

What? I just told you how it is. They aren’t launching vanilla servers with TBC. They are launching probably just a few “legacy” servers to keep your characters on if you dont want to play TBC.

Acting like is isnt related at all is just as bad as assuming its the sole cause you dolt.

sub numbers drop because people are bored/unhappy with the game, not because they introduced character boosts to retail. the same thing happened with Classic after everyone go tired of the “new freshness” hype, and it didn’t have any character boosting services

1 Like

Sure. There is more than just boosts that drove people away from retail. However if you talk to most MMORPG fans they will tell you the cash shops in games, and the borderline pay-to-win it incentivizes are a turnoff and cause a lot of people to quit.

I can quite literally swipe my credit card right now and buy my way to 220+ item level in retail. People dont like where this leads dude. Its part of the point of classic.

2 Likes

you’re right, most MMO fans will agree pay to win cash shops are a bad thing

but you have “pay to win” confused with “literally anything purchasable with real life money”

207, actually, which in relation to Classic is maybe enough to get you into Molten Core, and that’s assuming there’s even a full set of extremely rare drop boes available on the auction house, aaaand it does not include a weapon. but ok, sure, let’s just say being able to scrape into the lowest level of relevant content by forking over literal hundreds of dollars is pay to win

why, then, does this impact you in Classic, where the wow token can’t be bought? because of “where this leads”? give me a break. the responsibility, then, falls on people, instead of halting a legitimately helpful addition because it might lead to a bad addition later, to stop that bad decision when it rears its head

but no, you don’t want that. you don’t actually care about what could negatively impact your game, you just want to control who does or doesn’t play the game based on whether or not they’re willing to go through expired content they don’t like to get to the content they do like, all because “muh purity!”. get over yourself

lmaooooo yeah legendaries should be hand outs everyone gets! go back to retail lmao

1 Like

Look dude, I’m not doing this with you anymore after this. Its a difference of opinion, and I dont feel like I’d gain anything even if you changed.

I think boosts are a cash grab and nothing more.

Not true.

226 ilvl items all over the AH.

Opinion.

This last part is just petty. I dont want to control anything. I’d rather they not put a purchased character template in classic. I think it’s bad for RPGs. Simple.

3 Likes

I have good news for you then, they’re introducing Vanilla Classic servers where you can enjoy your 1-60 leveling experience to your heart’s content

2 Likes

I don’t care how you want to slice it. TBC is classic, and boosts don’t belong in classic.

The whole point of classic was to have a chance at playing wow like it was meant to be played back in the day, no boosts, no token and other BS that has been injected into retail over the years. Of course the expansion I was most looking forward to, is now ruined with this decision to turn this into retail lite.

What’s the point of even playing a character if we can just boost it? And don’t even get me started on how much this is going to help botting. Which is something that blizzard already seems far to complacent over.

If vicarious visions really do a great job with the D2 remaster, then I think that will be the last “blizzard” product that I am willing to spend money on… I was ready to keep paying for classic and to keep playing it no problem… and then blizzard had to ruin it with the boost.

I have been waiting for something like this since… probably RuneScape 2007 came out… suffice to say my disappointment is immeasurable.

6 Likes

That’s actually not quite right in this instance.

What people dont seem to be able to grok is that Classic TBC is not an expansion of Classic (Vanilla). It is a separate game - it even has a separate log in on the game selection drop down. If it had been added simply as an expansion of current Classic then yes, I could understand that a boost may not have felt appropriate. But it isnt. So if someone starts up their sub the day TBC Classic is live wanting to play TBC, they have the option to be able play that - separately.

It does not impact at all on the original Classic game. And for me, it gives me (and those like me) the opportunity to play something I’ve wanted to for a long time) by being able to step through that portal and experience it from Day 1, if I wish. I dont see that as a sin and I think many of the posts against it smell a bit of elitism.

2 Likes

but it is…

Except it’s not a separate game. It is, in fact, an expansion.

4 Likes

No it isn’t. I mean, seriously. If it was an expansion it would be simply added to the Classic game the same way expansions are added in retail. To repeat the obvious, it has its own log on. It is a separate game with its own client.

Boosts are still as completely out of place now as they were back then. Say no to the boosts. Remove them entirely, shouldn’t even be an option.

4 Likes

It is being added to Classic. It’s Classic World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade.

It’s an expansion.

3 Likes

OK, its impossible to make someone understand if they just keep repeating the same thing over and over, despite the obvious lack of logic. I’ll leave you to it and go back to my coffee and game.

Then simply don’t boost a character, you will have no way to tell who has been boosted after a couple levels anyways.

3 Likes

Bring on the boost. I’ve already been there done that in leveling when classic was vanilla and all the way through now. I lived it. I loved BC but wont play it again if I have to level fresh. Complain all you want. This is good, and allows others to see it/experience it.

3 Likes

Is it the enchant or weapon (or both) that makes your avatar glow like that?