"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

The point is quite simple from day one, not from TBC not from Wrath or any other expansion. WoW was the easy mode casual friendly RPG and that’s why people liked it.

1 Like

Retail has a lot of garbage in it, it also has a lot of pretty good things in it.

Boosting happens to be one of those things that is fine.

/shrug some people are capable of having a more nuanced opinion than retail evil vanilla wow perfect.

If you don’t like boosts you can simply stick with classic servers or vote with your wallet and cancel your sub.

agree. It’s optional. Don’t like it, then don’t use it.

this is a modern remake in 2021, a modern approach is needed. It’s only 58, not something that will break the game for everyone.

The good thing is that boost will enable some new/returning players to the game. That number sure surpasses those that quit over this.

I don’t think anyone said anything about quiting over this. Other than Ziryus. And I addressed him on this and indicated I feel it is a put-down rather than a point…on his part.

As for the point?

Most people will be going into TBC with characters already 60 and geared out. A level 58 boost really doesn’t matter and is a nice QoL for those who would use it.

As for the “spirit of classic” see what I said about vanilla. We’re getting the same mechanics, that is the spirit of classic.

Leveling in classic is not hard… it can be face rolled just like it could in vanilla.

The attunements you get in vanilla, guess what they mean nothing in TBC.

And hey guess what classic is not getting any of these QoL improvements. TBC Classic is. Classic and TBC classic are two different games just like how classic and retail are two different games.

2 Likes

No they don’t, my 60 with good gear will be far ahead of the 58 boosted character.

Sorry if this is hard and you didn’t understand my point earlier, WoW was never the MMO that catered to the hardcore crowd.

1 Like

I don’t agree. Some friends and I are forming a guild exclusively for boosted toons, and the tag will make it very obvious that they’re boosted.

1 Like

That is tooo funny.

It wouldn’t do much, you overestimate the amount of people who actually care because the forums are vocal about it.

In game, most people don’t care one way or another.

this is the way.

Do you know the way

Questing a shadow priest through draenor post squish was harder than ANYTHING I’ve leveled through vanilla OR classic. Even warrior in classic was easy mode in comparison. You want #hardcore you should’ve tried that. They fixed it though when they redesigned spriest.

Oh god, i did that, it was painful.

Died more doing that then I did leveling in classic by far.

1 Like

yep. it was gawd awful. i /lol at the classic people who think anything they’ve done is harder than that. XD

I blame dark souls.

Nerds forgot they were nerds and suddenly think they are jocks because they did something “hard”.

Still a nerd dude. No need to gatekeep.

3 Likes

the thing is they think of themselves as ALPHA nerd instead of rando common level nerd, i think. XD

lmao, the only thing I would be mad about is ruining the name. I would still use it tho. I think it’s funny you think people would have shame about a boosted toon.

For one: I’m planning on making a name revolving around the boosted theme. I still need to go lock it in so I can show you. I’m sure you’ll love it.

And two: I hope that any guilds and players who are exclusive about this are vocal about it. Then I can just block them and move on with my #boosted life.

you mean the content you have to level a draenei or blood elf through regardless? i would say that makes those areas tied very much to TBC lol

1 Like