"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

Not a fan of boosts it should stay in retail version of the game.

5 Likes

I agree with the people here that boosts shouldn’t exist and the subscription should be the only fee, with that said the subscription was 15$ in 2004 so adjusting for inflation i am excited for them to announce the new 21$ sub fee rather than making money through other means.

Just Blizzard trying to cater to all the lazy, entitled Retail players who are demanding that TBC be made into a game just for them, where they will quit after a month because they are bored after being handed a templated character. Nothing better than making a quick buck, eh?

The journey doesn’t mean anything to these people. BTW, levels 1 - 57 were a big part of TBC too, like it or not. And, guess what? People with full time jobs still played TBC back then, didn’t get boosts, and still had fun and got things done. People forged deep friendships while leveling and tackling challenges together (elite quests, etc) and built communities that lasted. Something Retail folks will never understand because they want everything now and handed to them on a silver platter. No wonder why Retail is losing subs.

Don’t worry, guys. The tourists will be gone after a month after getting their quick fix, leaving the true fans of TBC who really want to enjoy the game to the fullest.

9 Likes

The thing is, NOBODY playing TBC is going to be a new player learning how their character works. TBC classes were not that much more complicated than Classic characters, and we have 20 billion resources telling you exactly what to do, when, and how.

You may RARELY run into someone who’s new playing with their friend - But that’s precisely the person who will benefit most from the boost, someone with a mentor to teach them the ropes.

Nobody is going to learn their class in TBC Classic while leveling. They’re going to know the FotM and go in planning their exact playstyle ahead of time. The people who are bad? Are just bad. They’ve always existed, and boost or not, they’re going to remain bad even if they spend the entire leveling process hitting 70.

How do I know? I was a bad boomie back in TBC. I hit 70, I was able to get into some T4 raids and do all the heroic dungeons. But I was not a good player, and had no clue how to properly play my class. Leveling doesn’t teach you anything in TBC.

2 Likes

Holy heck this thread keeps on giving. Gatekeep TBC more brothers! YOU CAN DO IT!! Classic community is munted lol

2 Likes

Yeah, and all the damage the boosts have done will still be there for us to suffer.

We can only hope the boosts aren’t available after the launch of TBC so bots can only abuse them for a little while.

You don’t know what gatekeeping is.

Asking that people have to level up the same as everyone else had to is not gatekeeping. You’re free to play the game all you want. No one is restricting access.

4 Likes

Edit: can’t be bothered arguing with toxic mentality simpletons tonight

Small edit2: if you can’t see how you preventing new blood from joining who wouldn’t otherwise join without the boost ISNT gate keeping, you have bigger problems.

1 Like

Gatekeeping is telling somebody they can’t do something.

Telling somebody that they are free to do do that thing but will need to do the same prerequisites as everybody else is not gatekeeping.

See the difference?

5 Likes

I hope you realize the irony in this statement.

You resort to insults, then claim that I’m the toxic simpleton? Yeah, alright. Compelling argument there, bud.

If you’re only going to play TBC because of boosts, you’re going to quit. No one actually interested in playing the game needs the option of paying money to skip the game to be convinced to play it.

You’re free to play the game the same way as the rest of us. No one is preventing you from doing that. No one is gatekeeping. Learn what that word means.

3 Likes

Gatekeeping is setting arbitrary requirements to join or count as part of the group.

It is not just “stopping people from joining”.

1 Like

Perfectly said!

This is what I don’t understand.

If you don’t have time to level 1-58, then how do you have time to level 58-70. How do you have time to farm dungeons for gear. How will you have time to get rep for attunement. How will you have time for raids?

1 Like

I love the entitled argument when everyone against boosts want the game their way and no one elses. Pot meet kettle.

As far as all the tourists and boosting people being gone and you can enjoy the game how you want we are in agreement then. Boosting in no way effects how you want to play the game!

Not always about time.

I’ve leveled many characters over the years, 6 in Vanilla alone.

Did I ever enjoy it? No.

1 Like

Incorrect.

I don’t buy the bot argument. We don’t have enough data to know if boosting a bot will be worth the cost. Contrary to popular belief a lot of bots do get banned quickly. Its also an irrelevant argument because botters and gold sellers are going to be flooding the market with gold either way. Having boosts or not won’t change that fact

Also when I point out that payed boosts are already in the game people like to point out that they should be banned and we can’t use cheaters to justify the addition of boosts to the game. If that is the case we also can’t use the cheaters to justify not adding it to the game as well. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Cheaters are irrelevant to the argument.

The profession argument is also irrelevant because 99% of the people who are going to do that already has their profession alts leveled up. These are not fresh servers.

1 Like

It’s kind of like the bots/multiboxers argument.

A lot of people think bots multibox or whatever, but there’s zero reason for bots to multibox, multiboxing is about requiring inputs from a physical person lol.

Why would a bot account buy a boost when they can just make gold botting to 70

Leveling in WoW has never been fun or not fun or an actual achievement that took skill. It has always been a pure time sink. It’s no different than saying I watched 24 hours of youtube. Which in today’s day and age of multiple monitors is likely quite literally the case for many people…

3 Likes

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bc/e0/97/bce09708dc9574ab643b80ed1d9e2bb9.jpg

1 Like

I deeply apologize to youtube watchers and indeed all streaming content watchers everywhere for trivializing what you do.