"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

Bobby Kotick is on Twitter and a shareholder. Let him know how you feel about character boosts in Classic TBC. #NoBoosts

1 Like

Blood elves can’t be boosted.

People on the forums have strong opinions on how others should play the game. As it’s always been.

1 Like

Its cute how anyone actually thinks that new characters in established guilds would be leveling in the world.

Anyone rerolling will be power boosted by their guilds during the pre-patch since people have nothing else to do. Many of the people who use the boost wouldnt be playing if they did not have the boost.

People who leveled to 60 still fail one button rotations so that claim is false.

Having more people in the game will actually help make running things easier. more people to do the rep farms with, more people to buy your old world materials.

4 Likes

What isn’t valid is you thinking a 58 level boost is pay to win.

2 Likes

Except you know, you stated it like this:

Which is you trying to state your opinion as fact.

1 Like

Quickly joining their friends while bypassing the entire vanilla section, poor move.

How, precisely, does a service that does nothing but allow people to participate more quickly negatively impact you?

It doesn’t bypass any content exclusive to the expansion. It doesn’t get you to end-game. It just lets a person who didn’t like classic but liked burning crusade jump into what they liked right away.

Basically: Blizzard doesn’t want people to shy away from BC Classic because they didn’t like the classic content. They want everyone who is interested in BC to have a means to play BC content.

2 Likes

The same way people on Welfare don’t participate in society and it effects everyone

1 Like

Can we add a downvote system if you really want to gauge how hated this idea is to introduce boosting? Otherwise you are posting without the fear of being reported for introducing trash ideas into expansions that didn’t have said trash ideas as a CM. Finding new ways to monetize is not “about friendship”, please stop using that excuse.

3 Likes

It seems like a poor analogy to compare a paid-for luxury service to welfare.

4 Likes

If you didn’t like Classic you don’t deserve to enjoy Classic TBC.

3 Likes

Boosting is against the spirit of wow classic and classic tbc, it is against the spirit of an RPG.

Invest your time for rewards and not invalidate the time spent by other people. #somechanges, just not this one.

6 Likes

Yet another Retail avatar in support for boosts in a “Classic” version of WoW. How Surprising…

2 Likes

I dunno if you always have troubles comprehending what you’re reading or if this is just an isolated incident. Nothing you quoted says I support or do not support boosts. I have not advocated for boosts to be in Classic nor have I advocated for them not to be. Couldn’t careless if they are or are not, I am going to play TBC classic either way.

Given your fixation on avatars though, it isn’t all that surprising.

ETA: If I were to post on one of my classic 60s would you have just ignored what I said? Would it have made it more valid or something? Trying to understand the logic

But you didn’t. Just like everyone else supporting boosts in classic have not switched to their “Level 60 Classic Avatar”. lol. Please just stay in Retail and leave the Classic versions of this game to players who actually enjoy the REAL CLASSIC experience.

1 Like

They probably didnt switch to their level 60 classic avatar because it really doesn’t matter lol, except to simpletons I guess.

2 Likes

This is a very silly way to justify a poor change, tbc does begin at “58” but world of warcraft should start at level 1. We should be playing world of warcraft and not world of TBC.

The mindset of the entire game existing in a single ecosystem that is the current expansion is part of what makes me dislike retail. I join, I play the start of the expansion with my friends, I quit, wait for the next expansion to come out and the cycle starts all over again.

Make players desire, to earn, to work, to achieve, to fail, beyond just using mommy’s credit card.

3 Likes

I guess the person above me being anti boost isn’t credible cause its not a classic avatar. Dang retailers.

It’s a retail feature that has no place in classic. If people want to join their friends they can start leveling now and be ready with plenty of time to spare.

5 Likes