"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

less people to interact in the vanilla zones

If you are trying to play off that Vanilla levelling zones are rampant with activity, you are kidding yourself. I’d wager less people will want to join to play TBC classic if it meant having to slog through the broken world of modern classic WoW, with all the modern nonsense affecting how “organic” the levelling experience should feel

run dungeons
At the very least, mage boosting is done via in-game mechanics

Again, good joke, you can’t find dungeons with how players have handled classic. If you do, it’d likely take a very long time, less so than the organic nature of finding a dungeon group in original WoW

Two wrongs do not make one right

Doesn’t mean because the Vanilla experience is already stuffed up that we gatekeep new players from enjoying TBC, boosting isn’t another wrong, jsyk, that is just your opinion.

You can argue against it all you like. At the end of the day, it is going to be HEALTHY for the game given the UNHEALTHY state it is in currently.

2 Likes

I mean this doesn’t dispute my point. Classic still doubled wows subscriber base and generated over a million viewers on twitch the day of its release whether you like it or not, so you should be thankful that classic came out and revitalized the wow scene because not many people were still interested in your dying game before that. Plus classic could have zero people on it and it’d still be a better game than retail.

2 Likes

no one but classic servers care about twitch views. even CHESS has had more views than classic did and that’s a 43850348503458304583495 year old game archetype. and tons of people have played retail all along. blizz did classic as a cash grab. there was a mass exodus a few months in. retail has had a higher population the entire time despite having a $60 box cost barrier. and MORE people bought shadowlands the first day (not overall) than resubbed specifically for classic, overall. you can google that if you’d like. retail is the superior game as well which is why everyones playing it and blizz has to try to bribe retailers to play classic at all by letting them boost past vanilla content that no one but yall care about at this point. see? i can snark too. but my stuff is based in reality.

2 Likes

Actually our opinions are completely subjective, so the only thing based in reality is how you feel about the game. People like different things believe it or not. You can feel however you want about wow, but to me classic is king, and I have no interest in retail.

3 Likes

numbers on population aren’t subjective. or who came back for classic or the amount of people who bought retails most recent expansion. those are all objective facts. you are wrong. facts over feelings.

1 Like

Actually, their posts have utilized facts, yours are just opinion. Are you even reading what they’ve been writing? Those rose tinted goggles must really hinder vision on these forums.

1 Like

his response will be something like “retail sux enjoy ur ded game” not realizing retail is fine and HIS game is the dead one. lol

1 Like

Ya the stats you listed are objective facts. That doesn’t determine which game is better. Somethin being better is a subjective feeling about something called an opinion. Do I really have to explain this? There’s people like me who like classic over retail regardless of whatever stats you choose to list. Classic could have zero players on it, and I’d still like it better because it’s my opinion. It’s my opinion that it’s a vastly more superior game than retail. I know that may be hard to hear, and that may hurt your feelings a lil bit, but try to understand that okay

1 Like

i was really excited for classic too, as a vanilla vet. but classic is not vanilla by any stretch. essentially we all got a private server experience we never asked for. and now blizz is now giving classic vanilla to private server players and making tbc classic appeal most to retail players. you can see that just in the things they’ve announced recently. blizz doesn’t care about “authentic” and the knee jerk changes through classic prove that. they care about money. and it’s obvious retailers will spend more.

Ya it is my opinion. Something being better, superior, or greater varies from person to person about different things which are called opinions. There’s no rose tinted goggles. I’m just expressing my opinion

You play retail lmao. Imagine thinking your opinion on anything holds weight.

1 Like

I have 60’s on classic too wise guy. But good assumption :slight_smile:

hes posting on a lowbie. and you’re posting on a max level toon. he’s calling you out for playing retail, but almost of us play both and have leveled to max on both. he’s partway through westfall right now though so maybe we should give him a break. still a baby in wow. :wink:

2 Likes

Imagine coming on a forum and calling out someone for playing retail when you post on a level 15 character

2 Likes

i see what you did there, mr goon. XD

1 Like

Are you guys ready to deal with potential increases in botting/gold selling that comes with the level 58 boost? A level 58 is a powerful thing to buy with real world money even if it is just 1 per account.

3 Likes

Seemingly that is what they are doing, you only get ONE boost, this way to make it so new players can go into tbc instead of having to level through vanilla, especially since the launch of tbc massively nerfed vanilla, reducing the leveling time by almost half.

It wont really change much cause if a person is goign to bot, they can easily pay for a boost, or just bot to max level.

1 Like

Classic WOW already has Boosts. People trade gold to other players to “Boost” them in dungeons. This isn’t a big deal.

2 Likes

lol at those complaining about a one time boost.

1 Like