"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

Pro tip, there are people who prefer TBC over vanilla and that has nothing to do with retail.

There is no longer just classic and retail. There will be classic, burning crusade classic and retail. Burning crusade classic will have different rules than classic, just like how classic and burning crusade classic will have different rules from retail.

You don’t like boosts you can stick with just classic.

2 Likes

For the Aided category, the leveled character relies on the help of other players killing mobs for experience gains.

You’re telling average players to do something that a sub 1% player did with certain resources that some “average” players will not have such as gold or aid.

Comparing someone with real life obligations to a world record holder is ridiculous and you know it.

Edit: I should clarify I agree that boosts are not a “good” idea for the game, but if they are going to be implemented it must be in the right way.

1 Like

No i’m saying people have 3 months to do whats proven possible in under 2 days. But lazy retail players with their retail avatars dont want to have to work for anything after having retail condition them to behave like toddlers that break down anytime they dont get what they want handed to them. The second that anything they dont want to do gets in the way of what they want to do, they cry to daddy Blizzard to remove the broccoli from their plate so they can get right to the dessert.

1 Like

You need to include some TBC fresh servers with no boosting allowed so that people who level together get to TBC together.

You don’t force PvP players onto PvE realms. You don’t force RP players to play on normal servers. Why can’t you make a few servers for no boost purists who like fresh servers?

that ship sailed a few months into classic when all the whining started. and now they’re #somechanges because they realized that #nochanges doesn’t actually work and kept people who would’ve otherwise played from playing. because of RMT/boosting/gkdp (ie private server meta stuff) making it feel pointless to even start. and now? they boost is a kneecap to that. i think people like him are just mad he won’t have such an extreme advantage over new players, or be able to gatekeep them in the same ways.

1 Like

you do realize that most of us here have already played tbc and done this grind, back when we were all clueless and it was more difficult? do you think no one played retail at all before you decided it sucked and then we just all magically appeared one day and decided to be lazy and entitled? like lol

2 Likes

Probably because they looked at activity on servers during classic and realized they already have too many servers.

Just wanted to say thank you for the boosts! We are very excited for this.
It’s going to be awesome. You’re the best! :heart:

2 Likes

he is one of those guys who wants infinite loop fresh realms. which is a private server thing. brand new server = level to cap asap and then be a parse lord until AQ and then quit cuz the other raids are too hard and then demand F R E S H. he wants blizz to do that forever. so he can just do the first few phases of classic over and over again.

2 Likes

you tell em findom

1 Like

This TBC not classic. Zealots are welcome to stay in vanilla forever.

1 Like

I would enjoy starting on a fresh TBC server. That being said, I don’t enjoy TBC enough to start over and over again. I also seem to remember that the original new servers that came out when TBC were released were always low population.

1 Like

i think a lot of us would. but i would want it to be like the ones in tbc. not what the private server people want. its just a new server with all classic phases unlocked that i can level to 70 with and do stuff there. that’s not what they’re asking for though.

1 Like

Yup, we’re on the same page.

1 Like

Did Blizzard care about “friends joining other friends” years ago when TBC first originally came out? The answer is no. You started at level 1 like everyone else. TBC already will have faster xp rates to get to level 58.

By providing boosts, you are doing just that. Minimizing the time, effort, and the accomplishment for someone to reach level 58 in a “CLASSIC” era game.

The “Classic” experience has and always should be about PLAYING the game, not boosting your way to the top. If the people at Blizzard do not understand that by now, then all hope is lost.

7 Likes

We have been truly blessed to have Blizzcon followed up with an encore of Retcon

It’s funny you say that given that about 2 weeks after ZG came out, the move was to AFK in dungeons while getting boosted by a mage all the way to level 60 instead of actually playing the game. Also I’d argue that your play time is better defined by the fact you’re wearing Tier 3 instead of you quested to level 60.

1 Like

yepppppppppppp

1 Like

was your main not 60 by phase 4? im sorry. sounds like a personal problem.

1 Like

Attacking the poster is irrelevant. They are 100% correct.