"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

you must have REALLY hated WoD then.

I think most people hated WoD

2 Likes

casual players who loved gold didnā€™t. we got to sit in our garrisons all day doing things we enjoyed and then had gold vomited at us.

1 Like

Including blood elves and draenei! which funnily enough makes some tbc content (their leveling zones) obsolete! GJ Blizz!

Just posting to add my voice to those who think boosting should be removed (and I didnā€™t play Classic Vanilla).

The Burning Crusade didnā€™t have character boosts anymore than vanilla WoW. I can start leveling now if I care enough to be 60 at launch ā€“ and I can start a new character with my friends if not.

1 Like

Well if the boost is so important in your guys opinion to classic Burning Crusade why not give 1 away for free to everyone instead of having it as a paid option.

2 Likes

welcome to the rebellion fellow zug zug.

1 Like

Posting in disagreement that these need or should be added to the game.

Do ANYTHING ELSE. People have made so many suggestions that would be better for the game than a paid service. pre-patch exp leveling event, boosted exp rates, bring back recruit-a-friend. All of these things bring people into the game, get people making connections, friendships, socializing, having experiences. Aka what this is all suppose to be about.

Acting like just because this is now TBC and not ā€œclassic wowā€ is an excuse to stop following any of the core philosophies that made both these games successful is a joke.

Blizzardā€™s intent is noble to bring people into the game, but this is 100% not the right way to do it.

4 Likes

me hate your pummels and mortal strikes but me love your ideals. lokā€™tar!

Since the auction house is a classic era thing can we add a real money auction house to skip that part of content as well? Asking for a friend. Iā€™d also like to use the friend as an excuse to inject said game monetization to make it look like Iā€™m doing the community a great service.

4 Likes

the context itā€™s mentioned in is with someone who who has never played classic but wants to play tbc. they explained the boost will exist so they can catch up. everyone is assuming itā€™s for everyone and they can pay $60 for a profession alt, but that hasnā€™t been stated. it might be the case, but it might not be available if you have a 60 on your account already. and if thatā€™s the case the boost HAS to be paid because if not? can you imagine the crying that would happen if new players got a FREE level 58 that they didnā€™t ā€œearn?ā€ lol

You seem a little overwrought. You might want to take a breather

You know what would be a quick way to join friends in Outland? By actually putting in some effort over the next 3 months to be 60 when it releases.

5 Likes

he thinks spamming the forums trying to tell people that the blue poster didnā€™t agree with what they posted, and that blizz is wrong, and then blocking people for not agreeing with him. itā€™s been a wild ride, this stuff. lol. wait til you say something logical to the shaman who will also ā€œblockā€ you for not agreeing and then read everything you post and make sarcastic remarks about it to literally anyone you post to.

its almost like we have plenty of time to level and prepare! not to mention pre-patch when everybody and their uncle is leveling a draenei or blood elf!

1 Like

you say ā€œquickā€

then say ā€œover the next 3 monthsā€

wut

1 Like

3 months to do what takes 5 days or less. Yes. Quick.

1 Like

Yea but their argument is that would mean putting weeks of work playing classic, and as he said they want people interested in TBC to be able to come in at launch at play TBC. I donā€™t entirely agree with it but I see the argument and they seem to have implemented it in a way that attempts to make as many people happy as possible

retail leveling is ā€œquickā€ at around 20 or so hours to get to cap. classic leveling is anything but that. lol

1 Like

Thank you. The boost is needed. Too many people I know are returning because they want to return for TBC and not level through Classic. This is absolutely the right decision. A 58 does not undermine the accomplishments of Classic players. Glad Blizzard is making this decision.

NOTE: Considering the OPs post has 20 likes and the Blue Response in support of Boosts has over 80 now its pretty clear most of the community on the forums stands for the boost.

1 Like