"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

I think adding some criteria that could disqualify people would be a fair move.

Disqualification suggestions:
Having a max level character already
Having 1000 gold or more
Having any raid pieces
Obtaining a certain PvP rank

Basically anything that means you spent any significant amount of time playing Classic wow. I don’t think a free alt (as in time and effort) for current players is what you guys want based on your comments of wanting people to catch up.

I support boosting those who missed out on Classic, but I’m also worried about bots who (hopefully) get banned being able to get right back into the action. None of the suggestions above would help with bots, but I hope that gets addressed.

Weird, because I don’t remember boosts or WoW tokens in TBC.

Bad move. Bots will be the most likely to abuse this feature, and allowing them to make use of it by making a new account while limiting the feature from legitimate players is horrendously bad.

If anything, it should be the exact opposite. Only people who have already earned those levels should get to skip it on an alt.

No I think Wrath was where the problems began, specifically with LFG and different raid difficulties. Flying mounts were the big mistake of TBC but it’s still a real MMORPG. To call it retail lite is a false equivalence in the extreme. Excepting the lvl 58 boost which is an addition from retail.

If you read my whole comment you would know that I agree. I’ll quote it for you.

its not even a universal free alt lol its a paid service!

1 Like

Yes, I saw. I’m quoting the part where you said:

Meaning that you thought those were things that should be done, but you just don’t think they’ll be effective at preventing bots from getting back into the action.

I meant “free” in terms of time and effort. Sorry, I can see how that’s confusing.

fair enough! good day sir!

There’s a heart button for that instead of regurgitating what I said in my comment, but that’s ok. I’m glad we agree.

Lfg existed in tbc. Which is not the same thing as lfd. Which didn’t exist until wrath. Do you mean lfg or lfd?

1 Like

I… what? Why would I like your post? I disagree with it.

You…disagree with the bots? What?

Maybe there’s a gas leak in my house because I’m confused. It’s early. My fault if I’m missing something.

I wasn’t trying to attack you. I was just trying to let you know that you don’t have to agree with every single letter in my post to like it. Not a big deal.

No, I disagree with the suggested limitations to boosting.

C’mon, man. Don’t tell me to read your post and then not read mine:

I don’t tend to like something unless… well, I like it.

Acknowledging the faults in your suggestions doesn’t make me like your post.

1 Like

Lol even when dude mostly agrees he’s still argumentative. Oh lawd.

Is there any way you can make it exclusively for such players?

As otherwise it’s a mandatory pay-perk everyone needs to stay competitive.

1 Like

This post done blew up!

Boosts are more than likely here to stay.

Just give us some fresh TBC servers Blizzard puuhhhllleeeeaazsee!

Retail players are the perfect consumers. They cheered when Diablo Immortal was announced.

3 Likes

Greedy rat. Nothing makes me happier than seeing your terrible decisions rewarded with the loss of tens of thousands (you don’t have millions left to lose anymore lmao!) of subscribers every expansion. You get what you deserve. Suck me.

4 Likes

Saying

“The Burning Crusade Classic begins at 58”
and
Offering a paid character boost to level 58

are contradictory.

If the burning crusade classic truly starts at level 58, then no character boost is necessary. Every single character should just start at level 58 by default when you make them in the character creation screen. If 58 is the starting point of the game, then charging people money to get there makes no sense when they already pay a sub fee. A subscription fee by itself should get you to the “beginning” of the game.

8 Likes

Cut out the insults for my own account’s safety, but wowzah. Hahaha.

Excellent point. Didn’t think of that.