"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

It’s literally in the definition I linked and you yourself began to agree with once you saw that you could argue an unrelated second half. If you can link me a gold farming guide that earns me a few hundred thousand gold in such a small amount of time that it’s considered insignificant, I’d appreciate it, because Blizzard saw fit to nerf the skinning shuffle after it began earning about 30k an hour.

1 Like

you guys are upset about pay to progress more quickly. which is not the same as pay to win. we’ve explained the difference multiple times. if you buy the boost you get exactly nothing that someone who leveled normally wouldn’t get. you are just paying to avoid leveling. it’s not like the boost put you at level 70 on day 1 with all your reps at revered.

It needs to be something that someone else wouldn’t reasonably have access to. In retail there are plenty of gold farming methods, nor is gold as intrinsically important in the game as gear. You can buy some nice BoE but there are also plenty of other ways to get the gear just as easily. It isn’t a direct gold farming vs. buying scenario.

You mean the second half of the same sentence lol? What you linked absolutely destroyed your point as I pointed out. Please show me a set of BoE’s that are better than what someone else can get by playing the game and you will have a case. Until then, this is just a laughable point to try to make.

Where are these rules you are coming up with?

i spent all my gold on mog a while pack. spent the remainder which was like 15k to level inscription. bought all the herbs. used things i could sell, not that were just cheap. within two hours i had made over 200k. gave a bunch to my wife. bought 50k in herbs. etc. if someone thinks you can’t make that kind of gold in retail right away has never played it. lol

leveling from 1-58 only requires time.
Leveling 58-70 only requires time.
Doing dungeons for rep to revered only requires time.
Raiding and getting BiS raid items only requires time.

It all only requires time.

Pay2Win isn’t just buying something that is unobtainable, it’s buying something that requires time.

Boosts are pay2win.

3 Likes

no. being level 70 on release day with full rep gives an advantage. being level 58 on release day and having to level and rep grind isn’t an advantage.

For starters that’s not what the article is talking about. Keep in mind it’s talking about free to play games. Which typically have a lot of timers in them, IE say you could only get 100 EXP per day for free, then sure a boost would certainly qualify as pay to win.

However that’s simply not the case in WoW, there are tons of people with level 58’s. Plus the level 58 you get from boosting is very likely to be worse off than a level 58 leveled normally if retails boosts are any indication…

How could you possibly think spending $60 and getting some gold together to buy a mythic BoE is not “skip[ping] cooldown timers [to] be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise hardly be able to access said items.”

If you were truly trying to help new players then you should be providing fresh servers, or putting gold/mat caps. what is the reason for giving boost when everyone else has 5k + gold with tons of mats ready to control the market and make even more gold…

The only true reason for boost is that you want money :slight_smile: nothing new to us who know a little about blizzard.

if skipping cd timers on a pay to play game is p2w then most people should be banned. cuz tons of tailoring/alchemy alts exist.

Didn’t realize you had to pay real money to start an alt now but alright.

1 Like

Buying a boost and saving yourself 30 hours of leveling so you can spend 30 hours at max level farming gold so you can be one of the people to buy BoEs that require hundreds of hours of farming to get and give a gameplay advantage over other players is pay2win.

2 Likes

wow is a pay to play game. even if you use retail gold to pay for it. at some point you paid money to play it. that is pay to play. which is not the same as pay to win, in a free game. every month you’re paying to play. whether you buy time directly from blizzard or buy a token in retail that someone else paid for in retail with real money.

apparently avoiding leveling when someone else had to level isnt an advantage. apparently buying a time save for something when other people had to spend a lot of time doing that thing when they could’ve been doing anything else isnt an advantage.

3 Likes

Except there are going to be tons of people going into TBC with geared out 60’s with fast mounts. So yeah… that level 58 you get from boosting not a super huge advantage now is it…

1 Like

That’s crazy because I recall EA getting absolutely slammed with lawsuits for stuffing content you could unlock for free behind purchasable random-chance loot boxes into full-priced games.

tell em like it is.

their arguments just get more and more ridiculous as time goes on. they have no idea what pay to win means. or even that wow is a pay to play game. it’s just… lol