"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

a “good” corruption at a decent ilevel was FAR more than could be purchased with the amount of gold you are allowed to buy. even lfr level items were more than that. lol. again, faulty logic.

I literally never said that. I said if someone is short the gold, as in if they’re near the amount but not quite.

if someone has 2 milion+ gold and they decide to spend it all + a token to buy that piece it’s not pay to win. it’s pay to be dumb as a rock.

which is only positive feedback by like 4 people on these forums lmao

Well for one thing you’re talking free to play vs pay to win. Which inherently has a very different motivation behind micro transactions than a game with a sub fee like WoW.

Which is clearly described in the first sentence,

players who are willing to pay for special items, downloadable content, or to skip cooldown timers may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise hardly be able to access said items.

Boosts hardly fall into that category.

It literally says “any game play advantage.” Gold is a financial advantage. In order to remain competitive players must also accrue gold or be left behind. Being able to purchase gold pressures other players to also purchase gold if they wish to be competitive with the players who have previously. Without the option to purchase gold, players will only use in game methods to accrue gold.

It is the same thing in sports. Sometimes new technologies come out that give competitors a competitive advantage. Others will have to get that same advantage in order to be competitive and the “spirit” of the sport is in question.

it is the same dilema with purchasing gold via gold farmers and WoW tokens. Furthermore, “Pay-to-win” isn’t always a black and white thing. You can argue tokens aren’t till the cow comes home, and to an extent you are right, but you are purposefully being obtuse if you think it is unreasonable that other players think it is.

1 Like

So it’s not feasible that someone could sell runs for gold, but at the moment they’re not running any because it’s late?

How on earth could anyone look at skipping 58 levels and say “yeah that’s not paying for a significant time advantage.”

1 Like

youre still arguing with them after proving your point, bold move. its not like top tier guilds buy and borrow MASSIVE amounts of gold using wow tokens just to get BOEs to help propel them to world first or anything.

right, sorry, yeah i misread/misunderstood that bit of your post.

yeah but F R E S H servers

1 Like

if you use steroids for example, you are excluded from participating and if they find out after the fact you get your stuff stripped from you.

in the context of free to play games p2w is a really big thing. like with candy crush. you get x amount of free stuff per day. when you reach the end of it it directs you to something where you can pay irl money to keep going. at no point will someone who pays for wow tbc classic not be able to play until the next day unless they buy a boost. or compete at all because the game is designed around the things you are forced to spend real money on.

No no no no no. You don’t get to stop where you quoted because the very next part destroys your argument. That isn’t how that works. It is “any game play advantage over those playing for free.” Getting something that those that also play for free is not an advantage. And, I mean the token has been out for half a decade now and plenty of players don’t buy gold nor have any interest in it so the token pressuring everyone to buy gold obviously isn’t the case. Not to mention as someone else pointed out, the amount you need to actually buy is more than the token can give.

And it isn’t being obtuse. It is recognizing that terms have meaning. I can understand that people may be misinformed on the subject, but that’s a different matter.

wait, fresh? or FRESH? or F R E S H? or FrEsH? or fRESh?

1 Like

Just gonna pretend the part about skipping significant timers isn’t there? Is it not a time save to immediately get a few hundred thousand gold over having to farm it for a few hours?

1 Like

Lol, you mean where the actual definition killed his point.

you’re supposedly a classic player and you think farming for “a few hours” is some significant hurdle? :rofl:

Time save =/= advantage. We aren’t really on time limits here and that still isn’t even getting to how BoE won’t be best in slot. If you want that you have to do exactly what everyone else is doing.

when i explained the differences and dude linked it to me i liked his post. and then i explained why i did. that made some people really angry. and dude supposedly has me blocked but is mocking things i didn’t say until after he supposedly blocked me. i’d call that #winning

Are you saying that it isn’t pay to win because everyone else is paying a subprice? Or are you stating that the advantage HAS to give you something that is completely inaccessible to those who didn’t purchase a token because I am not seeing that anywhere in that trump card of yours…

1 Like