"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

its ok, Kaivax forgot that the first 10 man raid instance is in azeroth, the OLD vanilla world. also who cares about the 2 new major cities in the new racial zones… and the other zones involved with leveling them.

oh and mudsprocket, lets just forget about that too… no reason to go back and experience those new additions in TBC when it starts at LEVEL 58!! KEKW
imagine not playing your own game as an employee. XD

4 Likes

It’s great when you get a response from someone in a gaming company and it makes you think, Dude! Do you even play this game?” :rofl:

Isn’t it? :smiley:

Thanks.

2 Likes

oh, i also forgot about caverns of time in Tanaris… you know the dragon from Classic wow who had a key part in AQ gates opening and crafting atiesh?
yeah apparently that’s not part of TBC. xd

So content you won’t be doing in outlands or at 70 anyways.

It’s still there if you want to do it for fun.

imagine thinking TBC is just like BFA or WOD where everything prior to the expansions was made irrelevant. TBC enhanced the core game without straying too far from making everything obsolete… the quest hubs were improved, the leveling experience was improved that made the classic wow leveling experience horrible… whats the point of going back and experiencing those changes when you just swipe a credit card and skip it? its like paying for 1/4th of the game instead of the entire game. riding along the season pass of wow, completely ignoring what makes wow so great.

how’s shadowlands looking so far? oh… its a wasteland… hmmm i wonder why… maybe because the players pay for 20% of the game and quit within 20% of the content cycle because there is nothing left to do in that expansion.

Classic wow and TBC are not designed to follow the same concept as Retail WoW… its a completely different game…

4 Likes

Imagine not understanding that most players will walk into Outlands with a level 60 on launch day and then spend minimal time if any outside of Outlands. There is zero reason for me to take my level 70 back to say hillsbrad, even less reason than there is for me to do so on my 60 now.

Oh and BTW if you don’t take a boost in retail you still have to level from level 1, you seem confused about that.

Every expansion makes the previous obsolete. As is tradition

1 Like

maybe they are doing it to fund the game they just rereleased that they had to build back piece by piece.

Can’t wait for the boost! Soon please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok then why does it cost money and why is it available to everyone and not just new players if the purpose is to let them catch up with their friends. Better yet, why not have fresh TBC servers that you can’t transfer to or from established servers for the first few months? That would completely eliminate the problem of new players needing to catch up.

9 Likes

do you want EVERYONE to pay a box cost for tbc? the “free” boost for retail was included with all the other things you got for buying the expansion.

Is this some kind of out of season April fools joke?

8 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t understand what boosting does to the game. TBC is not like the new expansions were everything outside of expansion is dead and irrelevant. TBC still involves the old world and as much as Outland. This was when leveling is actually part of the game not something that is needed to be skipped. If you truly want this to be for new players to join, then let the boost only be for new accounts or better just bring back recruit a friend. All this does is cutting out a giant slice of the WoW MMO experience. This is just a clear and obvious ploy to milk out more money from a fanbase that is starve of the content that we actually want. Stop trying to make Classic into Retail, they are 2 separate groups of players that want 2 separate things. Classic is all about the time spent on a character to make sure they are the best. The “time” investment is what makes the character special, the long struggle to get leveled to 60, the grind for a little bit of gold. All of these things are what makes Classic special to that player. Retail through allows you to do all of the content in a very short time frame, which is great for people that just want to get to the content. The Classic crowd sees the journey to the content as part of the content though. Please I beg of you, take out the boost. Let the mount be an in game money dump, to help out the economy. Please give us GM’s for these bots. We pay a monthly fee for no upkeep on the servers, it is really the least you could do for us.

3 Likes

First, if Burning Crusade Classic begins at level 58, then why the hell do we even have a boost? Why are you not letting us all create characters at level 58 automatically? And if this boost is truly for new players then why are you letting everyone boost?

Second, please tell me how a boost is not minimizing the accomplishments of players who felt accomplishment by getting their first mount and who felt accomplishment leveling to 60, and felt accomplishment at any point along the way? That feeling of accomplishment doesn’t magically fade away b/c of TBC launching. Many see this as a participation trophy and therefore makes what they did mean less.

Do you understand how flawed your reasoning is? You are telling people that anything 58 and below is not an accomplishment and therefore does not matter.
But I guess you can’t hear us over the sound of money printer go brrrr :money_with_wings:

17 Likes

I fully support the boost.
Great idea.

To those saying it was about the leveling experience… yes it was back in Vanilla.
Classic is a totally different atmosphere than Vanilla was.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this was a default channel put in by Blizzard. If not, it was put in by someone right from the start and hasn’t changed one bit.

Based on your logic, you should feel MORE accomplished. If you feel like your “efforts” for playing A VIDEO GAME are minimized, you might wanna get checked out.

I’m not sure how many alts were boosted by now… how many people have geared up through GDKP… or how many people AFK’d their way to their PvP rank… but none of what you’re saying lines up with how Classic has been played since early on.

Good question. Do you?

it cost money because its a service. services aren’t advantages, unless you would say changing your vehicles oil (servicing it) is advantage vs not changing it.
new players/players who played Classic and quit, are in the same bunch.

if you can’t afford a boost you shouldnt be playing wow. its 15 a month. boosts aren’t even price tagged yet, but if it is 60, heres a great catch, YOU DON’T have to buy it.

nothing below 58 does matter tho.

I also find this response from Blizzard strange as I actually did play The Burning Crusade upon launch and I don’t remember starting out at level 58…

I am beginning to believe there just aren’t any Blizzard employees left working for Activision/Blizzard who remember or were working for them before 2007…

Thanks.

10 Likes