"Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don't want to break any hearts."

no it doesn’t lmao

The only bits of TBC content that aren’t in Outland are Kara and Caverns of Time. Both of which are just instanced dungeons/raids.

Really? I could have swore there were two new starting areas for the new races and a new Goblin city in Dustwallow Marsh, just to name a few off of the top of my head. Pretty sure those weren’t in Outland.

See, if you had actually played The Burning Crusade when it came out you would know that people didn’t start at level 58 and there was more content added that was not in Outland. It’s OK though as this is a popular myth supported by the pro-boost community. :smiley:

Thanks.

8 Likes

When TBC Came out originally I started at level 60 and had raid gear which I took straight into Outlands.

So sure there was other content added. The BELF/Draenie starting areas(who can’t boost). Some new quest hubs which most people did skip as I just explained above.

1 Like

Blizzard is doing lots of things that make me want to play the game less, it makes me want to unsub and just cut my losses rather than see the game go down the road it currently is, Adding premium mounts and boosts isn’t in the spirit of the game, to further point out how the change in subscription model is going to impact the part of the community that doesn’t have a ton of time to play year round. Keep in mind this is just the start of TBC, if they keep this up they will change more and more, rather than recreating their masterpiece they are going to ruin the memories of it like they did with WC3 Reforged.

10 Likes

If Classic TBC starts at 58, why do we have to pay to boost a character to that level? By that logic, every character made on a Classic TBC server should be 58 upon creation. What is your justification for making this a paid service?

18 Likes

It begins at 58 if we drop $60 or whatever for a boost… new players actually start at 1 Kaivax, but you and all of Blizz know this. Why aren’t all characters starting in Hellfire Peninsula at lvl 58 then if that’s where the game starts? You just want your $60 and then are lying to our faces. Its just scummy business.

14 Likes

Yeah, this has been eating at me for a while. It’s like the tried to blend the progression models they surveyed in the worst possible way imaginable. They couldn’t decide if they wanted the instant 58 standalone or the progressive. In the end we get this.

1 Like

Just another case of Blizzard trying to please everyone in an out of touch way. And per usual, it creates divisiveness and hostility. They can’t win and neither can we. :confused:

2 Likes

Exactly, blizzard creates the divisiveness with their short term stockholder returns. Screw the players, I don’t care what they think, we’ll bot them to death in every social media outlet possible.

I really have no interest in playing actual/current Classic. Starting at 58 to play TBC would be great for me, but I’ll never pay the price of an entire game just to get one level 58 character. I don’t know that I’d even stick around to raid or anything, so it definitely wouldn’t be worth the money to me. It probably wouldn’t even be worth the time leveling through classic just to get to play TBC again briefly.

Since classic has no direct purchase price to include a boost with, I think they need to consider other options. Maybe include one free boost as part of a 6 month subscription, the way you do with mounts for retail? Or give any account older than X the boost for free? Or give any account that had an original TBC CD key/purchase attached to it a free boost?

I’d prefer one mega-server where everyone just starts at 58 that’s separate from the existing classic servers so you don’t have to worry about messing with their communities, but it seems like that’s even less likely to happen.

Did you not read their response?

It’s a compromise.

Blizzard,

I think it’s time to call it. As can be EASILY seen here, a sizable portion of your player base is demonstrably dissatisfied.

In this case, the best action to take would be to return to the position that you held previously: That boots are not in keeping with an authentic classic experience. For the betterment of the game, they cannot be implemented.

4 Likes

wait till you see the “collectors edition” lol my bet is 6 months game time, a boost, and a mount if it turns out that the mount is in fact added to TBCC

Why are you addressing that to Blizzard? Should read Bobby Kotick. Mail it to his latest yacht.

100% on board with this. The players will be in Outlands, we want more players in Outlands content for dungeons, heroics, raids, and PVP.

What good is thousands of new or returning players if all they’re all in 1-60 in an expansion that is 58-70.

1 Like

Sorry Kaivax but you are completely wrong and are just shilling for Blizzard at this point.

WoW never begins at 58, you are using that argument because the greedy company you work for wants more money out of their game.

Burning Crusade begins at level 1 but good job trying to rake in some extra cash from people who don’t actually want to play the game.

Why do people even want to play BC though? That expansion sucked, give me anything wrath through warlords please.

3 Likes

Blizzard is a greedy, awful company.

1 Like

You guys confuse greed with incentive to continue producing said product. This game doesn’t exist out of fairness to your wishes, it exists because they are paid to produce it.

The game is TBC and people want to experience that content. If they wanted to experience classic, they would be subscribed and probably already have a 60. The boost is an incentive to bring new players in, it doesn’t hurt anyone that’s been playing for a year and a half, they’ve probably already poured plenty of time into the game.

You think it’s unfair because why? Because you leveled? You want to gate more people who probably don’t enjoy the mundanity of classic leveling? “They only get to experience TBC if they suck it up for 4 days of played time to get there”. That’s gonna gate so many new players.

Providing more access to more players only helps the playerbase because it increases the value of the game and incentivizes blizzard to spend more time on it.

Arguing against a boost that is designed to bring in new players who otherwise may not play is so short sighted.

This is your argument, and it’s a good argument but stop pretending like it’s not your argument: “Leveling in classic was hard, and I feel marginalized because I want to feel special for accomplishing it and this makes me feel less special.”

Fresh 58s get no inherent benefit over anyone, they actually are at a huge disadvantage gear money learning wise. They incentivize blizzard to focus more on this game instead of others due to the increased revenue stream. You’d rather have a low resources and lower population game because you had to level a year and a half ago? So be it.

1 Like

Good to see so much Bobby Kotick hate. Just a little reminder incase anybody forgot about the lawsuit he lost.

The dispute stemmed from a January 2007 lawsuit brought by flight attendant Cynthia Madvig against Kotick, Andrew Gordon of Goldman Sachs, Cove Management, the company the pair created to manage their co-owned Gulfstream III private jet, and pilot Phil Berg.

Madvig allegedly refused to be Berg’s “arm candy” at dinners and other events. The lawsuit said that Berg compelled her to clean the plane’s toilets repeatedly while “leering” at her.

She claimed that after complaining, she was fired by Kotick, who allegedly told her: “The guys are unhappy with the hostile environment.”

:broken_heart: