Changing Engineering Specialization BUGGED!

Here is the timeline of my events to produce the bug:
Level Engineering to 200.
Choose Gnomish by mistake. I signed the letter, and turned it in.
Now I have ‘Show your work’ available.
Unlearn engineering.
Re-level to 200.
NO Goblin quest offered, still gnomish show your work available…book does NOTHING.

Other people are having the same issue. Blizzard GM said he has no clue and marked my ticket as resolved…so what do we do?

Any help or insight is appreciated.

1 Like

Another user having the same issue:

This is a pretty widespread bug…I am not sure why no GMs or devs are looking or even acknowledging this…

1 Like

I have since fixed this myself, u need to complete that initial quest to fully chose a specialization then drop engi and relevel to 200 then go to the book in steamweedle and choose from there what u wanna be

That means I’d have to re-level engineering for a 3rd time…that is not fair, hopefully Blizzard can do something

1 Like

Doesn’t warn you before you choose? Also, you can buy gnome stuff and use them.

Yes and I already unlearned and re-learned Engineering, and then I went to use the book. But it doesn’t work for me because I only did the 1st quest, not the 2nd for the membership…

Theres a book called “soothsaying for dummies” in tanaris to switch engi specialization you still have to relearn engineering i think

Hope this helps

It’s bugged. If you turn in ‘Pledge to Secrecy’ but then don’t finish ‘Show your work’ the book DOES NOT WORK.

So, to clarify. And, I know you said this in plain English but I do not wish to re-level it again as well.

You must complete the extended membership quest before dropping Gnomish Engineering and leveling from scratch? If this is not done, you cannot switch specializations are left without a specialization at all?

Correct…you must sign the pledge, turn that in, and then turn in the follow-up quest to get your membership card. ONLY THEN you can drop it, re-level and switch to Goblin (or vice versa). Blizzard admits its a bug, admits the article on the subject is incorrect, yet are somehow unable to do anything for us. So yep, I am currently releveling engineering for a 3rd time due to this bug.

1 Like