Help with Switching Engineering Specialization

I am stuck and blizzard customer service is taking me backwards.

I leveled engineering to 260, picked up gnomish engineering, made all the fun toys that can be used with engineering but not requiring gnomish.

I then unlearned engineering.

I then re-leveled engineering to 260. I swing out to Steemwheedle port to use Soothsaying for Dummies. But this is where I get stuck. It’s not giving me the option to start goblin quest line, talk to any goblin engineers or learn any goblin recipes. I’ve been to Gadgetzan, Ratchet, Org and UC engineers.

I open a ticket.

In response to first ticket, a GM send me a new gnomish engineering 14 day card.

I respond this is not what I wanted, I am trying to switch specs.

In response to follow up ticket, a second GM tells me to do what I’ve already done.

I respond that I know this, have done all of those steps and it’s not working. And possibly the 1st GM resending the 14 day card is preventing it somehow. But I am trying to get Goblin Engineering.

3rd different GM responds by restoring all of gnomish recipes and full blown gnomish engineering on my second leveling of engineering that i was doing TO DROP GNOMISH.

So now I am in the terrible position that I would potentially have to unlearn engineering a SECOND time and level it a 3rd time without knowing if I can even pick up Goblin engineering because my character has some weird bug going on.

PLEASE HELP!

Note: I am dealing with this on Classic, not retail.

AFAIK, all you should need to do is click the book and go from there. If that’s not happening, that sounds like a bug.

GMs are unable to assist with bugs, unfortunately. I would recommend putting a thread in the Classic Bug Report forum for QA perusal.

Talk to Franklin Lloyd in UC