You Can't Sub using B-Nat Balance

This won’t stop botting

2 Likes

Took me awhile to figure out the issue, but I think I see it now.
If you redeem the token for balance in the shop, you get $20.
One month of WoW is $15. That still leaves you with $5 left over, give or take depending on taxes.
For every three tokens, you’d have approximately $15 left over, which means you’d be paying for three months with gold, and getting the fourth month for free. As an alternative, every eight sub purchases with gold would have also been enough to leave enough money leftover to purchase the base version of an expansion.

In short, Blizzard finally caught on to what was likely an unintended loophole, and if there is one thing gamers love to do, it’s complain about how oppressed they are when something like this happens.

Let me guess guys: it’s a real slap in the face, isn’t it?

Given they haven’t said why I don’t understand why people are defending this decision with a “it’ll hurt the botters!” comment.

Without a why all we can see is that it appears arbitrary and anti-consumer.

Hey, you’re the one agreeing to their terms of service. It’s their game, their service, and if they want to get rid of a one month non-sub gametime option that was on the shop, then that’s their business. Nothing illegal about it.

It is still money for them and if you got your ballance via a token it is a free 5 bucks. So extra money for the same service, the opposite of freeloading.

They are making this change because they got called out internally over fluffing shadowlands numbers.

presenting “sales” as blizz balance made from in game actions.

they are in hot hot hot water this is hilarious to watch.

best move would just be to fire all the devs instead of lower employees and hire talent.

1 Like

How long does it take to farm up a token worth of gold. I feel like it would take me days (I suck at gold making though). Even at a minimum wage job it would likely take at most 1-2hrs (depending where you live) to earn 15$. Also having to farm gold to pay for you wow sub essentially turns your hobby into a job which seems…just awful.

Unfortunately there’s no one answer to your question. Everybody earns gold at different rates using different methods because some actually have fun playing the AH while others don’t.

yikes

yeah this is bad

almost as bad as shadowlands

1 Like

How though? Bots work on automation. Automatic resub works in it’s favor. It’s not like they are clamoring for cash. They could afford somehow to stay subbed.

Despite being someone who never payed for gametime with gold, this still applies to me - that one month of gametime would be what I’d come in with, and see if I want to play. If I liked what I saw, I’d sub for a few months.

I’m sure the truly dedicated who’ve had subs going since 2004 don’t give a rat’s butt about this change, of course. It only really makes things less convenient for people who actually take breaks.

hate to break it to you… but im still able to buy 30 days game time via my CC so… this isnt really a bad thing

also this is from antoher thread from a blue post. ( copy/pasted)

Correct.

The 1-month, 3-month, and 6-month subscription options are unaffected and can all still be found here: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft- subscription

WoW Tokens are also unaffected here in the Shop: [https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-token ](https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft- token)

so ya… nothing has really changed when it comes to paying for a sub the usual way

It change nothing to bot companies.

They could if they actually set up a department thats sole purpose is to investigate the botting report in location at the time of report, but that would cut into big ol bobbys bottom line and he cant have that.

Besides, that department could never be downsized and we all know how much blizzard loves laying off employees at the drop of a hat.

If you log in on an expired account, and at least one toon has one WoW token sitting somewhere in their bag/bank, the game will prompt you to use the token for a month of game time on the character select screen.

This change absolutely does suck, but it should be noted that the workaround is to always keep at least one WoW token on-hand if you’re planning to save up BNet balance for WoW stuff.

Never said it would or even close, what’s your point?

SO everyone that uses game cards won’t be effected?? How is that possible? Some can and some can’t? :roll_eyes:

Never stated you said anything. This won’t do anything to the botters.

small indie company.

Considering how little they do against botting, it’s much more likely this was for their playerbase, not bots.
You give them too much credit.