Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming - Week of March 20th

This isn’t really them doing much of anything though. If they really wanted to try and combat bots, they could hire part-time GMs that would easily help get rid of a large amount of botting problems, but they’re more focused on making it so that the botters now have to buy a character boost before they can start DK botting now. (which means more money for blizz lol)

2 Likes

anyone with a braincell saw that instant DK was a botters paradise before they released it.

why should we praise them for reverting a brain dead decision?

3 Likes

It’s not:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/herbalism-bots-plaguing-bfa/6981/28

I’ll be honest this needs to be a huge wake up call to whoever can get more resources for classic. If you have had to ban over 100 thousand more accounts than you normally do…your ban waves might not be doing the job.

Also lets be clear, this wouldnt have even gotten done if people were not endlessly posting clips and forum threads of OBVIOUS botting getting out of hand. It really does feel like no one is looking at classic sometimes. I know you yourself seem to be passionate about the project and the community players I know that have spoken to you echo this statement about you, but whoever is in charge of policing the game is doing a terrible job.

5 Likes

these DK accounts pay ~3 bucks an account using south American accounts due to the low price of a sub down there

1 Like

Oh man, I remember the $3 accounts, I had so many ranker friends in Classic who used those for pool boosting and the like (most people probably have no clue what I’m talking about but whatever) and I knew another guy who used them for his summoner accounts. I’m sure those accounts were botted to hell and back too.

I don’t think that’s a thing anymore though it got changed at some point. Actually, maybe you’re right if it’s done locally.

you mean that thing people said would happen happened

2 Likes

Amazing step back in the right direction ty blizz :slight_smile:

Too little too late for me personally. Step in the right direction, but would still rather stay unsubbed. WTG to those that continue to play.

Too slow. Too little. To late. You (as a company) are underperforming. Do better.

2 Likes

We can all appreciate the employees that make this happen, while simultaneously despising the company that won’t give them the resources to do better.

Well, yeah. But on the other hand things don’t happen without people making it happen. Someone is responsible. And that can’t be the top management only. Even they would fail if no one else would be willing to follow them on their way. This is a company. Not North Korea. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you made it pretty obvious youve never done a gdkp

Because read the posts from people with no brains on here . They saying well done blizz :face_with_hand_over_mouth: they have been doing this for years just waiting for everyone to get pissed and then make it like they done something great to get praised about once they send that sticky blue in . Brain dead people i tell you

2 Likes

Does this mean the Bans happen next week also? I ask this because in my AB tonight there was a train of 4 DK’s bots on my team… crazy

well 120,000 x 15 a month, you can do that math, thats alot of money.

So, you’re banning GDKP, then?

Too little. Too late.

Ban the players buying gold. Permanently.

2 Likes

This. What an embarrassing company.

3 Likes

Hey guys… we banned a bunch of DK bots and we will be making a change NEXT week to not allow you to play a 55 DK on a new account.

So, if you are running a DK BOTTING ring, you have a few days (right before our quarterly) to sub a whole bunch of new accounts with 55 DKs!

GO! GO! GO!

4 Likes