Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming - Week of March 20th

No reason to

A “demand for gold” exists with or without GDKP. Nice try though.

allowing a level 55 character for free to any new account was not just tempting it was a botting paradise

You think a few gms will even put a dent in 120k?

you pay them money sooooooooo welcome to the club.

the irony of someone who will never be on the same level as a company like blizz calling them embarrassing. im all for criticizing blizz but come one have a reality check.

If you were paid to do it 8 hours a day yes lol. How hard do you think it is to ban bots? You could do hundreds a day.

1 Like

I think a few GMs can quickly move between known areas that masses of bots hang around and ban them right away rather than waiting what seems to be weeks or months for an automated system to do it.

2 Likes

I will translate this portion of the blue post:

Because these bans we claim to be doing will never fix the problem we will be moving towards the WoW Token soon.

1 Like

Just banning on sight is going to lead to a lot of false bans.

“…never hesitate to report suspected cheating such as buying and selling gold for real money”

What about retail? Why don’t you do something to people, who sell and buy gold using real money? I am sure that in all realms there are ‘players’, who only sit in AH, farm gold and then sell it for real money and you allow this.

It’s pretty hard to mistake a line of 15 bots running together in a straight line in and out of a dungeon as real players especially when their names are all gibberish or in a BG when they do the exact same thing.

GMs can go anywhere they want and watch players while invisible for as long as they desire, things only get done when you take action.

1 Like

Can you please remove the limit of DKs per server in Wrath Classic along with this change or in the future?

Good bye lvl 58 Mining DK bots.

Exactly. They just are jealous that they aren’t getting all that gold-buying cash. Why fix the problem when they can exploit it for money?

This is great news. Thank you guys for finally plugging an exploit that never should’ve been there in the first place.

But please, restore our ability to report bots without being physically near them in-game. You guys have said time and time again that player reports are one of the biggest tools you have to identify and ban cheaters, and taking away our ability to report them easily can’t be helping the problem.

2 Likes

Omg I love you! Seriously. Hopefully now 70-79 bracket BGs will be playable/enjoyable again. Getting into groups where only 1 or 2 people on each team are actual players and the rest are all mutli-boxing DK bots is just frustrating.

@blizzard.

We all keep getting spam in our mail for gold sellers…
It is almost always the same damn site. I have reported this several times.
Why don’t you scan the mail for the xxmorpg gold sellers web site?
This would not be hard to incorporate into your system. It would catch the gold sellers who are spamming the mail. You could set up a reporting system and then see if a person has actually been hacked or if it is a bot site.
Also how are they able to send me mail when I am off line and have not been on a toon in a month or so?
Hate to say this but it almost seems like someone has an insider on this.

Farewell BOTanica DKs

What pitiful lives many of you must lead for letting a game be so triggering for you, lol. They did a good thing yet so many of you still complain.

2 Likes