Changes in 10.0.5 to Item Upgrades

Seems that this might not be accurate
points to the many, many posts saying

Not working at all to upgrade anything.
Valor Upgrades - NO
Honor Upgrades - NO
Trophy Upgrades - NO
Storm Upgrades - NO

So you moved things that were working fine to this system and in the process broke all upgrades. AWESOME!

2 Likes

Spot on.

Blizzard will fix the bug of not being able to upgrade. Iā€™m almost sure it has been disabled because of the free upgrades bug.

However, after that is resolved, I will have to find a 3rd party table of the various storm sigil upgrade costs and reference that. This is information that should be readily available in the game. This is a regression, not a feature.

4 Likes

The UI is terrible on the upgrade NPC. There is no way to determine which item is the better upgrade without constantly dragging and dropping items. It is a downgrade from being just able to purchase the item outright. Especially with items that only have one step of upgrades.

3 Likes

I am hoping they reverse this, because thats just insane, to have to use a vendor that does multiple upgrades to single items, to be used for items that have a SINGLE upgrade!

Man they sure did mess this up. Whomever thought this was a good change is totally devoid of logic!

2 Likes

Always a step forward and half a dozen back with changes like this.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I totally get that. Didnā€™t even cross my mind honestly, since for my alts I just planned on default upgrading the Chest/Helm/Legs first since they have the biggest item budgets (and are tier slots too!), then likely Shoulder for mog/4pc, then just winging it from there.

Would definitely be nice if they gave people multiple options, but at least on the bright side all of the storm gear upgrades get the same ilvl boost regardless of slot (359 to 385) and the stats stay the same (crit/haste wonā€™t change to vers/mast, etc) so you can just pick the item with the highest stat budget and/or your best secondary stats without really -needing- to go slot by slot every time. <3

This thread should be stickied.

Is Drakebreaker upgrade supposed to be ilvl 401 and pvp 479 now? That is what it is showing. I purchased a piece earlier today and it was 385/421. What a mess. You couldnā€™t just leave that part alone for the ā€œbig patchā€?

The window is showing it wrong. After you actually do the upgrade it shows the right 385\421.

Was finally able to upgrade the Raging Storm gear. They must have pushed a hotfix because 30 minutes ago I could not.

Iā€™m glad I havenā€™t bought any of this gear yet, was doing Legion Timewalking and the Wrathion weekly. I hope it is fixed now

Can confirm after the hotfix earlier I have the option to upgrade.

2 Likes

Thanks Blizzard for a change no one asked for, it was not necessary, it didnā€™t solve any issue, caused confusion and a worst UX - as now we canā€™t know how much it cost on the same guy/place other Sigil stuff is sold, and we canā€™t preview the upgraded gearā€¦

My godā€¦

5 Likes

It was better when you could upgrade in the same room .

I guess it is just Blizz simplifying through complication

3 Likes

I donā€™t like this entirely for the fact I am trying to upgrade them all at once, and would periodically check the vendor to see how many more I need, because I have the memory of a goldfish.

ā€¦then you take the loss and leave it at 7, and lower the other chests to match, so people who upgraded before donā€™t get an upper hand, seeing as you only get 8 Trophies of Strife a week.

This is why people keep up with the ā€œExploit Early, Exploit Oftenā€ mantra.

EDIT: I looked on wowhead. You need 66 to get a full gearset.

Meaning those who upgraded that chestpiece prior to the patch will be able to get a full set (sans weapon) one week before those who didnā€™t.

3 Likes

I wonder why though you waited almost a day after the patch to post this change though?

I mean I know you guys like Twitter, but the majority of your players use the forums, and there was no mention of this in patch notes, no mention on PTR, no mention in wowhead datamineā€¦

meanwhile GD forums had about a dozen threads of people confused trying to upgrade their stuffā€¦

I doubt you read my post, and I doubt you guys change your habits, but I just gotta say, this is disappointing on your end.

5 Likes

They donā€™t read the forums. Soup event s show, same bugged wqā€™s that everyone has been complaining about for months. Its like they canā€™t be bothered to make a simple post that theyā€™re aware of the issues.

This change to Primal Storm gear is unnecessary is makes it more difficult.

Even if the item upgrade vendor was a better solution, thereā€™s no announcement in game and no mention of this in the patch notes. And now itā€™s been several weeks and Iā€™ve learned the original system and explained it to friends - and now no one has the right information.

Primal Storm gear should go back to the system it used before. It worked great.

5 Likes

479 is not supposed to be possible, thats WAY higher then anything possible atm.