Cataclysm survey sent out

People dont agree with you its because the original Vanilla version of the game was referred to as “Classic” so people considered the game “Classic” up until they changed the game enough to warrant it not to be called “Classic” because it didnt follow the same game design.

I mean you can try and tell people to think about the idea of classic differently but anything past wotlk wont be considered “Classic” by anybody that understands why classic servers got released in the first place. Because some people think retail wow sucks and people wanted to go back to the old design of the game.

Cata is purely a release and shouldnt be considered classic wow.

1 Like

I totally forgot about the under water raid they pulled! I’d be interested in a cataclysm classic if they didn’t nerf heroic dungeons/ raids at all, and if they can close the gap on the content droughts they had back then. Also, don’t remove ZA/ZG, just add a heroic dungeon variant.

I’m irritated i didnt get a survey because i would actually provide blizz feedback on this. But I want Classic+, I want TBC-Wrath modernized classes and I want them to take the story in a direction while retaining the old grinds, quest style AND TALENT POINTS, in future expansions. I love leveling up and getting a new talent and feeling .5% stronger, I can feel it and as I level up I can feel it accumulating and it is AWESOME. Retail has completely missed this, Legion brought it back with their artifact power/legendary system (both combined kind of created the illusion) but none of it was permanent, and the current retail system just recycles old content, I dont want 1/4th of my spells unlocked for an expansion, only to be retired the next expansion and another 1/4th of my spells brought back out. I want lots of buttons, lots of skills, I want to THINK ABOUT WHAT I WANT WHEN I PLAY THE GAME. /rant

1 Like

I would think a wrath SoM would scare them more considering how bad vanilla SoM bombed and they actually put work into that.

The proper way to refer to them should be vanilla classic, TBC Classic and now wrath classic, if it happens it’ll be Cata classic.

There’s no reason to try to draw some arbitrary line at what is “classic”

1 Like

It should be unique servers for:

Vanilla
WOTLK
and then maybe you can clone the WOTLK realms like you did for classic to TBC so that those who want to continue can and those who want to stay can but do NOT move WOTLK to Cata. People want to play and stay on WOTLK era.

If you are going to redo every expansion then where do you stop? Classic shadowlands?

Classic and WOTLK are the two masters that need to remain

Citation please

Why wouldnt it be? Blizzard already stated exactly what i said. They said classic means no RDF, no LFR no layers they said its the design of classic. If “Classic” didnt mean what i think it means blizzard would of implemented RDF in WOTLK and cross realm dungeons.

I think you are just wrong and there is lots of reason to draw a line in what is considered classic by the definition that blizzard even stated. That classic is its own game design seperate from retail which does not have certain QOL changes that might impact how the game is played.

So same faction BG’s are totally “classic”?

And if/when blizzard adds RDF that will suddenly become totally in the design of “classic”?

I played in TBC and the reason why same faction was implemented was because there wasnt enough people playing to get a PVP queue, it happened out of necessity to keep the pvp community alive.

You cant try to talk around it but you know i am right, and the proof is in blizzcon where they talk about classic and even ions interview on classic.

The proof is in the pudding where blizzard can avoid putting in QOL changes that are not considered “Classic” they dont implement it. Just like layering in classic they had to do it because there was soo much people but it was not like they wanted to it was a necessity because the servers couldnt handle it. Then they removed it because it was only temporary~

I’m just going off your definition of “classic” which is any feature blizzard decides to add into vanilla-wrath classic.

By that definition same faction BG’s are in line with “classic” design philosophy and if/when blizzard adds RDF those instantly become totally in line with “classic” design intent.

And if you are admitting that blizzard will make QoL changes outside the scope of “classic” design then “classic” design really doesn’t mean much anyways does it?

Yea classic design means nothing you are so right, the classic design had no impact in the decision for many players to quit retail for it.

its not my definition of classic, classic is just keeping in line with vanilla’s design decisions that is it. RDF, cross realm, transmog, LFR, easy loot, easy leveling are not considered classic.

Same faction BGS are not in line with the classic approach but many people dont care much about it because PVP is PVP you cant pick your enemies (wintrading). Comparing pvp and pve is just a joke, PVP only works with queueing systems because of the nature of instanced PVP. Comparing PVP battlegrounds with RDF or LFR is a huge stretch, they are not comparable at all.

If they did release it then it would probably be a year and a few months. About the same time frame with the others

You already said, “classic” design means nothing more than what arbitrary features blizzard decides to add to classic. They’ve already proved they’re are very flexible in their design for classic.

Same faction BG’s showed that very clearly. The flip flop in their stance of #nochanges #wartsandall to #somechanges to now #someretailfeatures shows that very clearly as well.

It’s pretty funny that you think they care about the spirit of classic when they’re removing actual classic features like RDF and adding retail tools instead and talking about adding other retail features like mythic dungeons(which wouldn’t even be a justifiable QoL change like same faction BG’s just a flat out retail feature for no reason other than to add it).

I’m not interested. Not even in the least bit.

I came back to WoW when Wrath was announced. Once they remove it like they’re removing TBC… I’m gone.

If they keep a Wrath-forever set going. I’ll be here.

Release Cata but also release pre-Cata projects. That way people who like Cata can be separated from people who don’t. Same with retail/Dragonflight.

I want to play with real Classic players. Not retailers.

Hey, Pet battle introduced in MoP not Cata.

They admitted that classic SOM was released at a bad time.

Nah they have to figure out what systems they want to remove and changes to make

Nobody cared about ppl wanting TBC server.
Nobody will care when they yank your favorite xpac.
But you are right a wrath AND TBC server should be kept, else we’re back to square one in seeing private servers because Blizzard wont provide it…

It’s bad enough we lost all our progress from TBC by being forced into WotLK.
So much time investment and gold wasted (not same strategy for TBC than WotLK).

1 Like