Cataclysm survey sent out

Most blizzard surveys explicitly state not to share the survey questions.
Always funny to see wowhead share them.

1 Like

Absolutely, apparently these were pretty challenging and I never got to experience them.

I saw that too and this part says right there says it’s not real… because that is just not something that would ever happen. Like non-disclosure agreements exist but not just to random emailed customers.

It’s unfortunate for those who have been wanting this kind of thing for sure.

Oh same. I want the challenge in the dungeon, not the “lets just smack this and it’ll be dead.”

1 Like

Cataclysm? Yeah, that’s the moment I check out. Give us perma wrath or take the game in a different direction. I’d rather rip out my toenails slowly than play cata again

3 Likes

Yeah, and we both know people break NDA’s all the time just for clout. I know I would have to seriously stop myself from sharing it online but I 100% would share it to my guild at minimum.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I want Cata.

I remember the outrage at how hard the heroics were. While I was clearing them with ease and joy.

It was some of the most fun I ever had with WoW.

Classic cata seems inevitable, survey or not. With how quickly they can pump these rereleased expacs out and how little they put into maintaining them it seems like free money.

Especially with mop being one of the most popular expansions being just on the other side, it seems likely they would want to try their luck to milk it a second time.

But Daddy Deathwing wants to say hello :sob: Why would you make Daddy Deathwing sad

But actually, I don’t know why they decided to have a pernament Vanilla classic servers, but not have pernament TBC Servers or Wrath Servers.

It would be a bit disappointing if Blizzard considers this a failure. I think Classic Era is actually great and would love to play there, but the Classic journey and retail competes with my time. The way it was handled at launch with the paid clone service that was drastically dropped in price only after a lot of people bought it, then server connections not being managed properly for a good while after release didn’t do it any favours either.

I think the fact that there is a community of players with active raiding and battlegrounds happening there is telling enough that it’s probably worth while to keep an Era server up for each Classic version.

After my WotLK journey is complete, I plan on going back to Era to find a community. I like WotLK and am stoked for most of the content, but the design is too close to retail. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, but I already have retail for that. Classic Era offers something different.

How do I get my hands on this survey so I can express how much I don’t care nor want to see cata “classic”. Cata isn’t classic, it was Activision-Blizzard’s first mockery of WoW and should be forgotten.

2 Likes

Idk what they mean by “Cata Classic” Cata was the end of classic.

Not really related… Classic Era only failed because people were more excited for TBC and eventually Wrath classic.
If they actually spiced up Classic Era servers and made seasons or added some content here and there it would be a hit I imagine.

1 Like

Nah, WoTLKC is me done - almost didn’t come this far.

I don’t see a point of having two WoW games set in the same world. Why do old tired content set in the same world when you can just do the new challenging content with more zones and options?

The point of Classic for me was to go back and reinhabit the world they restructured with Cata.

Hopefully they maintain a Vanilla Classic SoM schedule, I’ll probably stay with that. A new game with similar design goals to Vanilla would be awesome. I’d get behind a Classic+ with new raids, zones, and content but the old class and Talent system.

I don’t get the appeal of doing known content. The Vanilla game got me in because outside of private servers that world was gone. The original game world was/is a charming place I wanted to return to. But apart from that what I really want is new unseen content.

1 Like

Stop thinking of “Classic” as an era and start thinking of it as a subtitle for the rerelease of a past expansion

1 Like

Not feeling like this is the case, can’t confirm but if they’re already surveying for cata we will be lucky to* get more than 12 months of wrath.

I’d only play cata just to see what MOP was like as I didn’t get to see it in its original form. Although I’d much rather they just start a new story line all together after wrath.

Yea Ik which pisses me off nobody ever subbed for classic on cata hype it’s always been for vanilla and WOTLK with some of us hype for TBC as it was when many of us old vanilla heads started really taking the game seriously

1 Like

“Be lucky”
Either that or the surveys are being sent out as batches instead of a mass of emails sent once.

Y’all should read that survey again.

They think the systems are the “thing” that makes people want (or not) to play Cata.

Sure, but the OP there was being intentionally obtuse about that. No duh, you can still do TBC and Wrath stuff and Cata didn’t change that. HOWEVER, Azeroth was changed enormously during Cata and Luuni pointed that out.

There are parts of Azeroth that are just plain different in Cata and if they completely wipe out the Wrath servers to replace them with Cata servers, you will lose all of that again.

1 Like

I am damp with anticipation. Together we will destroy the cata menace before it has a chance to start.