Cataclysm survey sent out

Anyone else never get these surveys? Who are they surveying exactly, retail players?

2 Likes

RDF please.

2 Likes

Yeah, it gave XP. I recall trying it out to see how bad it was and you were able to a lol of experience through wins. Considering it was pet battle queues too it was unending up until you needed to heal the pets.

Cata was the start of ā€œretailā€ itā€™s the world revamp.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m still waiting for some convincing link to the rdf survey rumor.

1 Like

The most tone deaf survey Iā€™ve ever seen. Asking all the wrong questions.

4 Likes

I liked three things about Cata.
Questing 80-85
The Molten Front dailies
Doing dungeons with RDF

I hated the class design. I hated how they destroyed talent trees. I hated how they destroyed the old world.

5 Likes

if you say so. i play on a wotlk server right now and you are crazy if you think what blizz is putting out is closer to what im experiencing. I dont care how many pservers are different. i am talking about the ones that remain true as possible. so saying that many pserver also made the change has nothing to do with comparing where to get the more true experience. It is not blizz and you will not convince me otherwise. Having the playerbase over populate one faction and then saying that wasnā€™t classic like,is the reason you are giving a pass for faction vs faction is a big stretch. I recall a time when the alliance players boycotted AV. The ques for horde were way longer than they were in classic and if forced blizz to fix the starting location of horde bases. they didnā€™t solve the same issue by makeing faction vs faction changes. The drums issue is another game changer. basically made leatherworking and more importantly skinning worthelss. that was a major change that changed the entire feel of gathering professions.

you see it how you want. i will do the same and for me pservers is where you will find the closer to classic servers. obviously there are some pservers that the purpose of them is to be different so i am obviously not referring to them.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just about the quests. Arenā€™t all the BC and wrath quest still in retail too?

1 Like

Well, pet battles and farming nodes shouldnā€™t give xp. Iā€™ll give you that. But thereā€™s nothing wrong with the pet battle system itself. I suspect I play way more casually than you, though.

If anything, Keep wrath or classic plus.

Addiontally, Have a separate cata server, that allows players to ā€œcopyā€ their toons to it. That way we have to best of both worlds.

even if you disregard technical changes like maybe we shouldnā€™t make raiders have 20 leathertwerkers (wotlk wont have as much of these changes because it generally has more sensible designs), things like population plays a big role in the classic experience and pservers only have a tiny slice of the players especially when classic exists. i played on nostalrius and having my 60 priest be deleted along with my alts because blizz took it down wasnā€™t the classic experience either ayyyyyyyyyy

I was too hardcore 12yrs ago. Stopped being a casual once I got hooked onto PvP in vanilla ranking up. Couldnā€™t stop at that point. XP for outside combat stuff is pretty ridiculous.

Cata PvP here I come!! :partying_face:

1 Like

There are, for wrathā€¦ Just gotta use the google machines. Either way, you wont need one for however long wrath classic is outā€¦

No changes except for missing raid and last raid redone is something Iā€™d be down for. They HAVE to do Era servers for WotLK now for sure.

2 Likes

Play the expansion that fully ruined the game and millions of people quit over? People say WoD was bad, ahem.

The game is over with WoTLK.

2 Likes

oh just like how they didnā€™t offer TBCC era servers? Surprise surprise! as they said, you knew what you were getting once you got TBCC, you are getting everything after it. :woozy_face:

Pretty much this.

I had a really cool guild in cata, but that xpac was mostly bleh to me. MoP on the other hand, was actually really good once you move past the Kung Fu panda aspect.

1 Like

Kind of like what happemnd to my tbc charachters that we were promised to jave tbc only servers. And before you replyā€¦yes we were.

And no. Nobody was required to have leather working. The fights were able to be defeated without it. There were guilds of LIKE MINDED PLAYERS that formed together that had one player bring up an idea. That idea was that if everyone would use drums, they could clear the content even faster because it gave an advantage. The pro lem was they all had to take leatherworking. And EVERY PLAYER in that guild agreed and because thier goal was to be as fast use moat effective tactics available, THEY ALL HAPPILY AGREED AND GLADLY WENT LEATHERWORKING. Blizz tool that away from those players. All because some playera didnt want to be in a guild like that but were to stupid to understand. So again, no guild was forced to use drums, but those guilds that wantes to had that taken away.