Cataclysm Classic

I’ll be honest, I’m extremely excited for Cata Classic if they do do it for one reason, the difficulty of the dungeons and raids. I had the most fun at that point of the game cause It actually took communication, community and time to do things, just because of it’s difficulty. Sure some Bosses were frustrating RNG, but that just added onto it. Like man, I was watching progression on all of the platforms and it was like, they are eating it like a bite sized candy.

1 Like

I kinda think most of us dont… I would rather Wrath go on… but hey. Cata will come against our wills and ruin the old world once again and all Wrath servers will be deleted cuz this is greedy Activision we’re talking about here.

1 Like

I am neutral on RDF and plan on moving to Cataclysm.

im not worried at all

bring on m+

gonna be amazing. cataclysm was well known for making scrubs quit because of how hard heroics were. absolutely cannot wait for the whinefest if they add m+

…is not happening

Finished the title

1 Like

I’d find it very weird to not include Dungeon Finder or Raid Finder in Cata since, y’know… Cata had both of them.

I don’t have a problem with Raid Finder’s existence. I don’t view it as some sort of toxic kryptonite that’s going to melt my face off like some people do. Though I don’t think I’d care if they scrapped/removed Raid Finder, either.

I’d be more concerned about not having Dungeon Finder. Cata without Dungeon Finder would be an incredibly goofy and bad decision.

I just hate raid finder because it’s another thing I feel like I need to do, sort of like the ToGC Heroic change where if the lockouts didn’t get merged I’d be doing ToGC at least 3 times a week per character. From what I remember, LFR drops the same loot just lower ilvl in Cata, so if I’m missing a crucial piece of gear then I “need” to do LFR even though it’s boring at best and the worst experiences in the game at worst.

One can only hope. Every single Classic rollout has been an absolute shiit show I have no idea why they would even bother at this point

It wouldn’t make me not play, but I wouldn’t be thrilled about it. What would probably make me quit is adding M+ with keys and the toxicity that comes with it. It’s why I don’t play retail very much.

Idk, the anti RDF crowd have been taunting everybody with “BuT iT cAmE oUt At ThE eNd oF WrAtH!”, leading me to believe they wouldn’t mind if they put it in at that time.

See you in Cata!

3 Likes

What is wrong with “Raid Finder”?

Don’t like it don’t use it type of thing, or am I missing something here? Ain’t this why we still don’t have RDF in Wrath?

I’d rather choose to not use a feature myself over barring all others because of my opinion.

3 Likes

more people will play cata than cringe HC servers or vanilla…vast majority of the community are retail players…if you can comprehend that.

Cata will be populated, people want to play their char they had since 2019…

the die hard vanilla players already quit and went back to Pservers…

raid finder hampers guilds and therefore social interaction.

the difficulty is way too easy. like classic easy.

it becomes a chore you don’t want to do.

it kills the sense of progression, because you’ve already killed the boss on joke mode.

It’s mostly wrong because it adds another raid difficulty and splits player up. Moreover, if it drops tier and raid trinket it means the best way to play the game becomes to run it. Add to that, raid finder is mostly a feature made for people that dislike raiding it doesn’t make much sense in itself. It also leaded to a more seasonal approach to the game, which many disliked.

GDKP has the guild murdering covered, LFR won’t hurt it.

I reckon anyone using would consider it their sense of progression, why gatekeep easy content for easy goers?

1 Like

That’s where removing master loot for non-guild groups and adding soft lockouts would help a lot more than LFR. We don’t need LFR.

Isn’t Cata the one with the noticeably more difficult raids, and LFR was brought in so casuals could see the story unfold?

-Tier :white_check_mark:
-Trinkets :white_check_mark:

Could be annoying, can’t speak to ilvl or anything like that. But, it (hypothetically) lets you casually go in and test your luck while you wait 6 days for raid reset. I don’t see the problem with playing the game.

*of note, we get 1 10M and 1 25M TOC lockout because of this, so it would probably be addressed without any input from the playerbase regardless.

yes gdkps already do this, but it will be worse

My issue is didn’t like that Holy Power system for Paladins i want blizzard to keep wrath and make cata server all by it self but I’m willing to play it due to stuff i missed like mounts from pvp