Cataclysm Classic

If you are somebody that does want to play Cataclysm Classic, would it be a deal breaker for you if they held on to the same standards with dungeon finder like in Wrath, where they just will not add it at all?

4 Likes

Nope! In fact, I’m hoping that not including Dungeon Finder in Wrath is a lead up to not including Raid Finder in Cata, either.

5 Likes

the importance of a dungeon finder is a lot more important than a raid finder tbh. Dungeon finder is not just for gearing up, but also another way to level up toons.

8 Likes

They’ll probably add an unlimited paid boost anyway for people that just want to speed through leveling.

I’m more worried by the features they want to add like M+.

I don’t think RDF is really important, but sure it could be interesting to add it. I’m on the side that they should try to keep non-crossrealm but put scaling in it so players of very different levels can play with each others.

dungeon finder will be in Cata as that expansion was built with it already in the game. there is no version of Cata that doesn’t have RDF, while Wrath did have versions that didn’t have it

4 Likes

I hope they put dungeon finder in cata. Im actually really looking forward to cata

7 Likes

Cataclysm itself is already a deal breaker, doesn’t matter if there’s RDF or not. It would be too little too late. The vast majority of players will quit in under 3 months one way or the other.

3 Likes

I would play with or without. I prefer to have RDF more as a convenience cause although I make my own groups mostly I wouldn’t mind not having to. As far as raid finder goes I prefer not having it (own personal reasons) but don’t really care either way. I just wanna play the game. I actually think I missed the first phase of Cata and came back in later on so for me it would be able to play some raids I never got to do. I also didn’t play MOP so I would love to make it at least that far as I heard nothing but good things about MOP.

4 Likes

which wotlk version had this current lfg tool?

1 Like

classic.

did you miss the threads complaining about how they made a brand new tool instead of copying the retail LFG or just giving us RDF?

They will make a bunch of changes to it so that it isnt the way any of us remember it just like all the other Classics have been.

It would be funny if they omitted RDF and LFR.
Have to go hang and chill by the Wailing Caverns entrance.

What version of Wrath had Mythic dungeons? And Wintergrasp as a cross-realm bg? And I could go on and on. Authenticity doesn’t mean anything anymore.

RDF in Cata won’t matter anyway. Just like Retail it won’t apply to Mythics, so it won’t be used at endgame. Will help the leveling experience though.

However, as the person above said…it wouldn’t shock me if they have LFR but not RDF. The Cata survey asked about LFR, but not about RDF.

3 Likes

Knowing Blizz… they will not include dungeon finder and then try to make up some excuse why Raid Finder is included… like raids requiring a larger number of players so it is needed more than RDF/LFD

no rdf and ill play. and pre-nerf heroic dungeons (a good reason not to have rdf)

1 Like

no but you missed the pt

saying rdf wasnt in og wotlk the entire time doesn’t make for a compelling argument when the tool we have wasn’t in the game at all. plus it was only not in from the start, because the tech wasn’t ready.

the current tool is less authentic and i doubt anyone cares about authenticity anyways

2 Likes

Cross-realm bgs were added to Vanilla a few months after Naxx 40. In Vanilla Classic they came with BWL. The time a system was added in the first iteration has never mattered in Classic.

you’re missing the point. they can add things to the game such as those things and the new lfg tab we got in classic, but taking things away is a very different situation when they have to deal with spaghetti code and what that would break

no i didn’t. it’s easier to add new things than it is to take away

Not sure what you’re saying. It’s easier for them to add things to Classic than to take things away? But…they’ve done both. They’ve taken away an authentic Wrath system and replaced it with some crappier version of Retail’s. As well as Mythic dungeons, which have no place in Wrath.

They didn’t need to add any of this Retail crap. Coulda just left the Wrath system in place.

1 Like

Basically.

the lfg overhaul was added to make dungeon finding more user friendly in theory. something the 3.3.0 rdf did too.

To bait the hook for dungeon participation…alpha then beta. Okay that is what RDF did too. No watered down mythic 0 to 5.

With the kicker Wrath currently you can see very few full runs. All I see in lfg and /4 spam is skip ads most times.