Cataclysm Classic surverys are a go

So someone with Valanyr will have to reroll a new toon that hasn’t done the quest already so they can get a lvl 85 version?

1 Like

I’m not sure if youre trolling or just actively misunderstanding everything. I give you the benefit of the doubt that its the later.

Yes, you can define a patch as any change that has been made. When we talk in our everyday life, nobody is calling a 3.3.1 or 3.3.2 a patch, it is just hotfix, a irrelevant change. And even if, you afterwards claimed its a major patch which clearly showed that you were thinking it is major patch when its not. Stop trying to change things to make it more reasonable when its not.

There is no citation made. The development concluded. Nothing came afterwards. A new expansion came after ICC. Thats how expansions go, after the last patch they focus on the new expansion. Do you want me to call a dev and asking them “yo guys did you work on a new raid after icc? was cata not planned at all?”. Ofc they will tell you it was concluded. Yes, they gave it some life support to not be completely dead for the next 12 months.

ICC with RDF was not the last patch of Wrath. You are wrong. That is all there is to it.

1 Like

Yea it was def not the last patch. I remember those glorious days when I defeated deathwing in wrath of the lich king. But hey, I leave it like that and once Phase 4 comes out I hope you get your next so-called patch. I mean really, I can’t change you mind if you fail to understand that Wrath of the Lich King ended after the fall of the Lich King.

Disregarding Ruby Sanctum, ICC lasted an entire year before Cataclysm came out. During that time, the game maintained its peak of ~12 million concurrent players. It was not until a ways into Cataclysm when numbers began to fall

One year is half the expansion’s lifespan. To say RDF isn’t a Wrath feature because it was added in the last major patch (again, disregarding RS) is disingenuous at best and outright ignorance at worst

Let’s say you have 50 feet of rope. You make a knot every 5 feet, up to 25 feet, and then stop. If you grab the rope at the 25 foot knot, are you then going to say you’re holding the end of the rope? No, that’s asinine, you still have 25 feet of rope behind you it just doesn’t have any knots

3 Likes

Good post. Addresses the many realities of what happened in wrath without falling into conjecture or disingenuous arguments.

You are partly right but also partly not.

Yes Wrath had its peak, but also it was stalling its peak. There were no players joining because there was literally nothing to do for 12 months. I don’t know anyone that joined during that period but this might just be my experience.

I am not saying that RDF is not part of Wrath, I am saying it was added at the last (major) patch. A lot of people just judge Wrath on those 12 months of waiting room for the next expansion, which was long yes, but Wrath had a very long time without RDF and arguably during its most important time when it was in development and booming. It was more about that statement of “they ruined wrath because of no rdf!!”, well yes, Wrath had no rdf for a very long time and that is kinda how most of Wrath was. No RDF is as much part of Wrath as RDF.
Just to clear this up I’m not anti-RDF. I just hate those hilarious claims as if Wrath is only ICC patch.

1 Like

Yeah, during a content drought. A year-long one. Content droughts tend to lose players, the fact that it managed to maintain its peak throughout the remainder of Wrath is something worth taking note of

I do agree though that Wrath isn’t just ICC. I’m just saying it’s a bit unfair to try and discredit the last patch as “the end of the expansion” when it was quite literally half the expansion’s entire lifespan

1 Like

I see you point and I think we are on the same page. Although I have to admit, I did say end patch of wrath, not the end.

My guess is that it would be an entirely separate quest and that the this “85 version” would be a difficulty selection.

At that point why not just maker a completely new expansion?

2 Likes

That version of WotLK also didn’t have titan rune dungeons. My 3k gs prot paladin can easily tank heroics. Titan rune? Not so much. But because they added titan rune, barely anyone is running heroics now, even on megaservers like Firemaw. Crossrealm groups or RDF is needed to have enough of a playerbase to do heroics.

1 Like

People wouldnt do heroics if titan rune wasnt a thing. Titan run is not the issue, the people are.

No titan rune is 100% an issue, people who would otherwise be running just the regular heroic daily are running H++.

3 Likes

I might be the crazy outliner but I certainly wouldnt

I would not play a Cata Classic. I hated what they did to the whole of Azeroth, the game changes and the scenery, the quests that were dropped and the game play. I will stay in Wrath Classic untiol I get tired of it, then I will go back to FF.

2 Likes

If H+ didn’t exist you wouldn’t be running the daily at all?

I see. It seems to me like the difference is mostly that a lot of the things, like say the Solo Queue pvp system that they have implemented in Retail or the game assets that already exist for Cataclysm are useful, more or less, as is, and that the difference in developing a new game such as WoW 2 versus the changes they are making for Cata are vastly larger than you seem to think, to the extent that we are likely comparing hundreds of thousands to maybe low millions to 10s of millions to 100s of millions in resources.

This is Capital Expenditure vs Operational Expenditure. I’ve been discussing only CAPEX, as OPEX would likely be the same regardless, which may be your point, however there’s such a vastly large difference in the CAPEX, so unless there was a matching expected ROI for doing so, I don’t see what sort of business case would be made that garnishes investment.

In any case though, I am not intending to argue with you or your opinion. I’d love to see a WoW 2 come out! I’m also actually looking forward to Cata Classic, and currently having fun in Wrath Classic.

Yeah, I can understand that. It was my favorite ever first-tier of content, but I also didn’t play it past Firelands, due to RL becoming super busy.

1 Like

Yep. Just raidlogging.

So then another question do you run more than the daily now and if so will you still do so after get all you need from sidereals?