Cataclysm Classic surverys are a go

Cliff notes of changes being considered that were not there the first time around. (If I understand the video correctly… could be misinterpreting things said)

• Account Wide Mounts and Pets
  • Solo Queue Arena
  • UI for collectibles.
  • Providing reliable methods to find groups for Heroic+ and Mythic+
  • Oh right Mythic+ apparently (Probably MoP Challenge modes that led to Mythic+ as the rewards for them are akin to those challenge modes)
  • Reworked 1-60 (to include flying) and reduced grind from 60-80. Yep, that is right level 1 flying mounts,
  • Live events (Think AQ40, elemental invasions, Naxx invasion). Things to make the game feel alive. This included World Bosses.
  • Rework of old raids… so that they remain challenging at Level 85. That is right every raid from Molten Core to Ruby Sanctum brought up to 85… That includes their item drops. The example given was DFT being worth going back to do BWL for.
  • Talent tree rework without the changes brought in with the original cataclysm.
11 Likes

Imagine expecting Blizzard to deliver on any other this, other than seeing it for what it is: “WILL U PLAY CATACLYSM IF WE #SOMECHANGES IT INTO CATACLYSM+???”

10 Likes

They’ll need to do some Cataclysm MINUS as well.

2 Likes

They need to leave classic alone, leave changes for Season of x, not the initial release.

11 Likes

Is this different from the survey that was put out near when Wrath Classic launched?

Edit:
Can we just get WoW 2? if we’re just gonna make core game changes going forward in this classic experiment. I understand it’s easier to just build on old bones apparently by the looks of these possibilities.

3 Likes

I gotta say, the idea of every raid being relevant at endgame has me pumped. Hopefully they’re able to follow through with that

4 Likes

If this list of #SOMECHANGES was implemented, I would be interested.

add in paid class change and I’d be double-plus interested

However, there’s no reason to believe any of this would actually happen, so… no.

1 Like

Do you know if this would be the same as the Retail system?

This sounds so ridiculous I’d give it a look even though I only want classic fresh or classic+

2 Likes

I was thinking that this is Classic+

1 Like

From what I can tell yes it is.

It is a definite wait-and-see angle

That would seem to be the case. Nothing implied it being different.

1 Like

Can we just get 10s or hundreds of millions of dollars of development resources instead of a few hundred thousand for a projected similar ROI?

Hmmm :thinking:

1 Like

I like most of these. Solo queue Arena? Oh wow, I’d totally be down for that!

2 Likes

Some of this (mount/collectable UI / merge stuff) is kind of a yes please.

The raid scaling is fairly interesting, but I’m not sure how they would plan to implement that with multiple tiers of content. It would be kind of dumb if it was good for the first tier, then left behind. (Would this mean a level 85 thunderfury/Val’anyr?)

Also, it might be a bit nightmarish to find groups wanting to farm the thing you want if there are 11 active raid tiers.

2 Likes

For someone named Snipy, you don’t really see the sarcasm/snipy-ness of my post? I’ll ignore your incredulity and possibly hyperbolic resource costs, unless you think WoW Cataclysm has the same budget as triple A title games, for the sake of conversation.

Ship of Theseus - when you replace so much is it really the same game?
They’re already putting development time into these changes, which mean money. Would there not be a potential point where the costs of those changes equal or exceed production of a new game?

Like fixing a car, at what point are you wasting money when you should probably just buy a new car instead of fixing the old one?

Counter to my, already stated, sarcastic remark you replied to. They are cutting projects wholesale anyway to make deadlines.

1 Like

Well sure, and I think that new expansions may very well fall into this category.

However, I suspect that the difference in resources required for WoW 2 versus the types of changes we may be in for for Cata Classic would be exponential, both in terms of finances and in terms of time.

When you buy a new car, you are a consumer. A closer analogy might be modifying a car versus building one from scratch.

I appreciate that you’re mentioning your remark was sarcastic. It’s difficult, if not impossible to accurately read intended tone and intent in text at times.

Based on your reply to me, I suspect you are reading a very different tone into my statements from what I have in my head. I sometimes wonder how much a role forum avatars play in these text based conversations.

Will it have RDF?

This will 100% determine if I play it or not…

6 Likes

I always thought they should have kept the old raids relevant. But MC and BWL are already in cata so not sure how having two versions even though very different would work.

I would much rather take on firelands than slog through a 25 man version of mc. I would much rather prefer the bosses in the new bwl then a lvl 85 version of the first 2 bosses of the old bwl.

Still doesn’t sound like RDF. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I hope they clarify. I’m not wasting any time on cata if RDF isn’t included…

5 Likes