[CATA] Professions showing 0/0 after boost

Maybe point them to their very own published blurb on this topic: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/358618

No known issue, pfffft. Just because they refuse to put it on the known issues list doesn’t mean it magically isn’t an issue. It’s been an issue for nearly three weeks. Support is sometimes clueless.

1 Like

On a whim I decided to copy this failed boosted character over to the PTR to see what happened. The results didn’t match up with my skills before the boost but they didn’t end up with 0/0 professions or first aid either that have been blocked on the original.

Instead I found my blocked skills sitting at 1/375 with pretty much everything I learned prior to the boost as an orange skill up. I don’t know honestly what to make of it but it would seem like they have some measure of how to handle a copy of the original.

2 Likes

I just went and did the ptr failed boosted character with the same results as you. I agree they do have an idea on how to handle this fubar.

1 Like

At what point is a class action lawsuit on the table?

2 Likes

As of right now, my professions for my Primary and Secondary are fixed. When I logged into day I was able to unlearn and start working on them but sadly when I went to go learn First Aid, I learned it and now my First Aid shows 0/0…

Just checked my character and that was not the case for me. All professions still show 0/0.

1 Like

Mine are all still borked as well. First Aid was never fixed - the way it’s broken, you can still make all the bandages you made before, but the prof stays at 0/0 and you can’t USE what you made.

1 Like

Gotta love the twisted sense of humor this bug has.

1 Like

My professions are still bugged.

Both my main professions and first aid are 0/0.

This is still broken on launch day.

1 Like

I asked for my money back because I didn’t pay for a character to be broken…They said “you already used it”

…I didn’t know the service I was going to use was going to be broken…
I have since contacted the BBB to file a consumer complaint.

1 Like

Same happened to me.

We used the boost and didn’t work, and we have 0 support.

1 Like

3 weeks later no fix no response and blizzard is closing all my tickets without responding. filed a complaint with the BBB and FTC. Blizzard is knowing selling a defective product without warning consumers and refusing to issue refunds or remedy the situation in anyway.

2 Likes

Got this response today, my stuff is not working but perhaps when they do maintenance tomorrow…

"I understand from your ticket that after boosting your character it didn’t retain proffession levels.

Rest assured that I have completely understood your issue and I will be working on a resolution that meets your expectations.

Kindly note that after checking, I can see that our development team have fixed this issue and your levels and recipes should be fixed and showing correctly. "

Here is still bugged but maybe the fix in in queue.

We’ve completed a more comprehensive set of fixes for these issues. Following realm restarts in each region:

• Player-characters will no longer be stuck at 0/0 profession rank.
  • Characters addressed by this fix will have the highest rank of the Profession bracket they were previously in. So if you were at 1-75 before the boost, you will now be 75/75. If you were at 450, your rank will not have changed.
  • Characters will once again be able to progress their professions.
  • Characters will once again be able to unlearn their professions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

3 Likes

We’ve been neither patient nor understanding, and frankly - that’s understandable. It’s the Blizzard side that has lacked understanding. You’re leaving players in a state where instead of enjoying the launch and moving consistently forward, they’re going to have to go back to old content for their broken-for-three-weeks professions. Or, for production professions, blow gold on buying mats (perhaps Blizzard is hoping these people will buy tokens to gain enough in-game gold to use this method.)

But, at any rate, we can now decide if we want to bother with these toons at all, and whether we’re now satisfied with our purchase.

Launch day. Seriously. I think still being salty is also understandable.

7 Likes

A blue post at any point the last 3 weeks saying you were aware and working on it would have done wonders. Just saying

5 Likes

The problem is we paid money to have our character’s progression held hostage. I personally planned to make gold using my professions to prepare for game launch and was denied that as well. Your response is basically sorry, sucks to be you for supporting us and trying to play the game… I call that outright extortion.

5 Likes

There are clearly enough people with this issue that would be considered a class should we have to go down that road, 3 hours to launch and still no resolution, amazing.

1 Like