Cata is a meme right

Surprised u didn’t mention feral.

Feral and rogue in cata are playing 2 expansions ahead of every1 lol

3 Likes

Even when they are so strong there are a bunch of comps that just beat that comp if they play poorly unlike retail. Vsing rmps that is the strongest comp still losing because they make a bunch of mistakes on their goes and just lose to being dampened.

Don’t forget mage.

Or boomy or lock or hunter or dk or ret. They need to reduce hp in retail so i can have fun like this on retail. Can actually punish poor plays. Sitting cc without trinket is actually brutal in cata atm.

Yes.

Cata actually rewards poor players more by making it way harder to counterplay them.

There’s not much u can do vs a mage with blink cs if you need to cast since even if you juke the kick you get silenced anyways.

In situations where you would have to cross cc people on retail that could stop your go you don’t need to do on cata because of instant cast casted cc (deep into pom ring). ( broken ferals spamming insta clone) (insta cast rep) (hunters entire kit) (rogues stunning you for 10 seconds into a 5 second blanket silence)

yeah a day of queueing cata 2s/3s made me remember and realize how awful the arena gameplay is in a sense that its a shadow incomplete version of retail arena.

its literally half baked retail. Also it’s going to get worse as more pve gear comes online and the arena community shrinks from the fresh launch hype train

1 Like

It’s as if these ideas were tried and then discarded because they turned out not to work very well.

When was Cata? Like 1980s or something? Well, awhile ago.

2 Likes

play s9 then mop/legion waiting room

ez

“Bro I can’t wait for Classic to come out! All the boys are gonna play and we’ll never leave!”

Asmongold: Makes Classic launch video with soy face thumbnail.

Fast forward: “Oh god Classic is so boring, dude. Nobody is playing this garbage anymore. Dead game! What I REALLY wanted the whole time was TBC!”

Asmongold: Makes CLASSIC IS DEAD video consisting of nothing but reading reddit comments, hands covering face thumbnail.

“Bro I can’t believe TBC came out! All the boys are gonna play and we’ll never leave!”

Asmongold: Makes TBC launch video with soy face thumbnail.

Fast forward: “Oh god TBC is so boring, dude! Nobody is playing this garbage anymore! Dead game! What I REALLY wanted the whole time was Wrath!”

Asmongold: Makes TBC IS DEAD video consisting of nothing but reading reddit comments, hands covering face thumbnail.

“Bro I can’t believe Wrath came out! All the boys are gonna play and we’ll never leave!”

Asmongold: Makes Wrath launch video with soy face thumbnail.

Fast forward: “Oh god Wrath is so boring, dude! Nobody is playing this garbage anymore! Dead game! What I REALLY wanted the whole time was Cata!”

Asmongold: Makes WRATH IS DEAD video consisting of nothing but reading reddit comments with hands covering face thumbnail.

“Bro I can’t believe Cata came out! All the boys are gonna play and we’ll never leave!”

Asmongold: Makes Cata launch video with soy face thumbnail.

Fast forward: “Oh god Cata is so boring, dude! Nobody is playing this garbage anymore! Dead game! What I REALLY wanted the whole time was MoP!”

Asmongold: Makes CATA IS DEAD video consisting of nothing but reading reddit comments with hands covering face thumbnail.

Rinse. Repeat.

Edit: Removed Shrek references.

5 Likes

Cata was my least favorite expansion.
Raids were bad (incl firelands)
Pvp isnt much better. (Triple dps > rsham > hpal loop)

Being forced to do chores and pve or be at a severe disadvantage.

Probably the same people looking forward to bfa classic and farming mythic drest

2 Likes

to be fair.
people get a nice few weeks + of dopamine from it.
other games get updates every 2 weeks-2 months.
wow has a really slow content release cycle compared to other modern games.
releasing old content is a good idea.
and a lot of people find it fun for a time

Cata was bad when it was current content people huffing copium.

2 Likes

Bro they’re trying to make Cata Esports, including a Cata Classic AWC… Like, cmon. Wtf

Dude no joke you’ve just summed up my entire friend group since classic 2019. Literally had the biggest bone for classic and then a bit after launch “x wasn’t that great, but y is where it’s at” (tbc to wrath for example)

Isn’t that the dude from Shrek

This is incorrect. Cata was fun.

Lucky for you that is a 25 second cd and db is a 45 second cd with poly being a cast time. He wants to be hitting the kick because they are way more important in cata. You are rewarded with juking the 10s lockout even with the 2s blanket.

I’ve seen some streams of it and it’s the most basic and boring version of WoW.

Now we’re mad that Blizzard is doing an AWC from the xpac where most of our favorite wow pvp movies originate from?

I’m actually mind blown @ how triggered 90% of you get over people enjoying a different game lmao.

2 Likes