Cata is a meme right

Cata is currently more fun then retail for me. We will see how long that lasts.

1 Like

I’d rather deal with SOME people having Dragonwrath, Fangs, and PvE trinkets than the relentless onslaught that is braindead ape melees, micro cc, and infinite mobility

A lot of people are going to have these items because they’ve sped up the legendary acquisition process heavily, plus the pve content is all post-nerf so uhh, just like wrath, most people will indeed have these kinds of items and you will be at a disadvantage without them

Guess why wotlk classic arena was dead? Oh, same pve gear requirements. Turns out buying gold and joining GDKPs just to be relevant in arena isn’t very fun.

Wizards are insane on retail???

1 Like

Wrath was dead because half of your gear was PvE gear and it was the same two or three comps running the show in every bracket and cr/mmr

Lorethon looks into the future and sees the same thing will happen in Cata.

1 Like

Why do you guys insist on asking questions that have obvious answers

People are playing Classic because retail is dead. It’s season 4, a season most people don’t take seriously. Cata is just releasing, of course everyone is gonnna play it.

Guess whats gonna happen to Cata classic when War Within launches? Can you guess?

Cany you guess why that’s going to happen?

What about the last few weeks of S1 War Within when Cata releases a new patch?

Can you guess what will happen then? And why?

Figuring it out yet? Thank God for Rocket science or we’d never figure this conundrum out.

2 Likes

HE THINKS THIS WON’T HAPPEN WITH CATA
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Have you played a cata arena private server lately?

wrath patches/season launches did almost nothing to DF seasons fyi

Cata has an insanely wider comp variety than wrath lmao are you joking?

Ret itself has like almost 10 different comps that are all viable

I don’t think they were joking.

/squintsAtTheUndeadPanda

Also, I think the Panda was being sarcastic a bit.

Sound like some1 who actully didn’t play it. It was a solid expansion, despite what the mindless hivemind npcs will say.

Well when ya hard core pvper’s get back from the latest, greatest shiny, make sure to Q for some random/epic bgs. It’s good for your health.

Disclaimer: Lorethon is not a medical professional and this statement has not been evaluated by any, ever.

People always bring up PvE gear in Cata but my partners and I never raided or got PvE gear and did perfectly fine. Got to 2200 and the only thing that stuck out was how hard RLS was to beat as SPlay. Comp felt invincible.

1 Like

If the classic servers have shown us one thing, it’s that the experience is not like it was back then.

Everyone, or the people who actually play it, is a meta/BiS slave. Also them remaining on the same balance patch for their entire run instead of the usual buff/nerf cycle an expansion gets through its playtime keeps the meta set/stale.

On the other hand because of that mentality the pve gear is easier to get as well since everyone wants to do that content.

I think it’s fairly safe to assume cata is going to die after s9, perhaps before the end of it, but given that there is nothing else to do its still worth killing some time with it if you enjoy it.

1 Like

This is an online game where I am meant to have fun, I have fun playing classic cata. As do many of my best friends. This is such a projected take and its so weird how mad people on these forums get any time anyone says anything good about a prior xpac.

Yeah bro, I don’t think any of us are looking to get glad or r1 in cata classic. At least im not. I’m looking to log on my sham, play some rls with my friends, and have a good time qing in to hansol, jelly, etc. Its fun to press bind elemental vs mages and see them die instantly.

It will assuredly happen, but there are also professional players asking blizzard to disable that kind of stuff in later seasons, maybe they will, maybe they won’t. Idc.

Literally, back in cata I mained hpal and thought addons were cheating and was able to get to 2100 without any pve gear.

Wild to be posting in cata general discussion while being mad over here. Go outside and take a walk dude.

2 Likes

Wanna queue kfc sometime?

Bubblebuddyx#1139

1 Like

I’m playing feral in cata but will add.

My man saw mud streaming wargames

This was supposed to be a joke quoting cov, no idea why it quoted bubble

ehh I started qing a bunch of cata arena today 3s and 2s, decently high rating too fighting some popular retail players and ofc classic players, and all this has reminded me that this is the expansion where rogue just further becomes insanely broken and training wheels mode

also ret and triple dps comps are so gross.

its way more fluid than all other classic versions, but retail is way more fluid than this.

1 Like

even better