Casuals should dictate phase rollouts, not hardcores

Some of these posts actually make me sick to my stomach. If you people ruin Classic for the core players like you ruined modern wow I am going to be livid.

2 Likes

lol its cute you actually believe that to be true.

I would think they’ll handle phases the same way they handle patches, we’ll know ahead of time what the phase schedule is and it won’t be tied to some random progress metric.

The example the OP used is particularly bad in regards to phases. Obviously a lot of people will be playing for a lot of different reasons so basing a phase on how many people have cleared whatever makes little sense.

If I were Blizzard I’d err on the longer side. Only because the longer they stretch it, the more money they take in.

I’m casual.

If I had my way, they’d release 1.12 as 1.12, everything unlocked, gong rung, gates wide open, KT just waiting for his first visitor, and get rid of the lie of progression.

Then we’d see what hardcore really means.

But, that’s me.

Why?

In what conceivable way does it matter to you if a guild has already finished the content you are on and moved on to another raid? Would it be a bad thing if DM was present before you finished MC and Onyxia? Or if you were able to get Darkmoon drops?

I’m not asking to be nasty or anything and although it may sound harsh it’s not intended to be and I just don’t know how else to ask it. I enjoyed content from vanilla for a long time even after TBC came out. I really don’t understand why it would matter to you if the next phase dropped before you were done with the one you were on.

3 Likes

I’m casual.

If I had my way, they’d release 1.12 as 1.12, everything unlocked, gong rung, gates wide open, KT just waiting for his first visitor, and get rid of the lie of progression.

Then we’d see what hardcore really means.

But, that’s me.

It’s a damn good thing you DON’T have your way. If you had your way they might as well call it World Of Warcraft: Filth Casuals.

Why are people so keen on urinating on what made classic great? Like seriously, why eat your dinner when they are going to give you a bloody cake topped with whipped cream and strawberries. That’s what all you bloody casuals want, desert before dinner. People like you are responsible for the current condition of Modern WoW. If you want a casual experience buy a boost to 120 and do World Quests and normal dungeons for a few days, you can queue up for LFR in no time!

2 Likes

And… what are you going to do when a year or two passes and everything is indeed released?

If the progression of Vanilla is all that made it great, then the game is dead and abandoned in 2 years. Because this only happens once.

All the chit chat about “community” and “doing what we want” and crafting and the long leveling process is in direct conflict with the gogogo progression camp.

Progression is not the normal state for Classic. Static continuity is. As time clicks, more and more and more the normal state of the game is everything wide open. DM is here, BWL is open, the gates opened, KT has been cleared, Naxx has been farmed. This faux progression is a fleeting blip.

If that’s all you care about then in 2 years you’ll be back to private servers, trying to relive it again.

2 Likes

Vanilla should dictate phase rollouts in an authentic manner, imo…

Hardcores wanting to burn through content faster than it was authentically available, and casuals, who have already ruined retail with their entitlement, can both pound sand on this issue.

I will be a “hardcore” player, and I just want content when it was authentically available, and for the time period it was authentically available.

No hardcores getting handouts via running around in naxx gear a month into the game, and no casuals getting handouts via getting more than 2 years within which to progress.

I find it astounding how vehemently #nochanges this forum is on every single issue but the timeline, where suddenly everyone comes out of the woodwork to try and warp what the game is and was to fit their preferred play style… Messing with the timeline in any fashion is a significantly more impactful change than would be giving garbage tier specs raid specific buffs (which in turn would only impact whether those classes get laughed at or considered for raid spots), and that was something already pretty overwhelmingly shot down for authenticity’s sake.

Start over on the next “fresh” realm with everyone else, or progress to the TBC realm (if such a thing exists). There are no other viable options yet presented.

2 Likes

Pandering to the casual is why WoW is failing. An classic isn’t for the casuals i should know I’ve been playing since alpha beta vanilla classic

2 Likes

That’s fine if you don’t have goals, don’t want to do something specific when you connect or don’t want to organize your in-game time. But then, you shouldn’t complain because people clear things faster than you, have better gear than you.

(I say “you” but it is more addressed generally than specifically to you).

Blizzard started to listen to the people who complained that other players were hardcores, or had more time and hence saw more of the game than them. Which lead to the game we have today.

I am far from hardcore player, but I still manage to get the gear I want and the farm I need with the few hours I have a week. If people want to see more of the game, they should start improving themselves rather than asking Blizzard to do it for them

And… what are you going to do when a year or two passes and everything is indeed released?

Make an alt? It’s an amazing how people look at the final content patch as “the end” You could spend five years playing classic wow and not experience everything, because every class is a new experience.

1 Like

whats funny is people are using an example that wont be a real consideration in classic.

its 100 horde and 100 alliance guilds clearing a mythic end boss. what it also means is there will be way more than 100 horde guilds clearing it than alliance cause of how messed up the faction balance is in retail.

all of it leads to them not opening up “new” content. it just means that when they do it guilds will be able to cross server people into a mythic lockout.

this is to assure the mythic world 1st race has some integrity.

this doesnt mean that any content is first blasted in mythic by the top 10% before anyone else can try it.

people have the freedom to attempt it at any time they want when it releases for everyone a week after the raid comes out.

why are we comparing a game with no cross server and no mythic mode to retail is a bit stupid.

to the point though if theres one to be had.

neither side should be able to push the content to release faster or slower.

it should be a set schedule that blizzard decides welllllllllll beforehand .

2 Likes

Release a content patch every 3 months. Anyone complaining about lack of content can go play Fortnite.

1 Like

I think 3 months is a great timeline. :slight_smile:

That gives us 15 months until Naxx!

*edit become math is hard

15, but sure.

2 Likes

I disagree with OP entirely, the roll out should not be based on any way for any one kind of player in mind.

Firstly Vanilla was not ever Casual Friendly, the tiered raid content and structured PvP & rewards is what drove players to progress to begin with, to have something to continually work towards. Knowing that more content would eventually come is what kept many players with the game, conversely knowing exactly when content will come out on a time line will only cause population contraction. Progression players will gear up their BIS then drop sub until the next phase if they know when its coming, if it takes too long they will hit up other avenues, other games.

The roll out should be on a consistent timeline for Classic, when the releases should come should NOT be released, only that they will come when they come.

Casual Vs Hardcore in Classic (Vanilla) comes down to consistent time dedication. From what I know about Retail its all about grinding welfare items for max ilvl then clearing ASAP, hardly a hardcore stance to me, just more of a “the game is bad but i put in so much item over the years already, i cant justify dropping completely, might as well try and be first for bragging rights”

I am a very avid supporter opposed to the “No Child Left Behind Act” implemented by Bush during his US presidency, some kids need to be left behind, allowed to fail and take the jobs that they are suited to rather than back them into a corner and cause them to lash out. School related incidents of mass violence can all be traced back to kids that were damaged by this policy, yet none want to admit it. By the same degree, Classic even happening is a prime example of accepting that some kids want to be left behind and as such they are being given their place in the World of Warcraft when they do not fit or can function in Retail.

And will that alt have phases to progress through?

WoW isn’t a single player game, it doesn’t reset just because you start a new character.

LOL! All the entitled whiny “MUH HARDCORE VANILLAZ!” children in this thread is hilarious.

As if WoW was EVER made for the hardcore player. EQ was hardcore, WoW was EZMode.

Casuals are what made WoW great. Get over it.

3 Likes